Great car seat check today :)

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
I try and volunteer once a month at a check up station about 70 miles from me. I was only able to do an hour an a half of the check today but it went really well!

I saw a 3yr old RFing!!!!!! In a Diono RXT!!!! I have never seen a SKR/Diono at a public check before! She said her daughter had been in the Myride but she didn't like it. She had it installed correctly, and her daughter harnessed correctly. I did talk to her about the ability to tether rfing (she didn't have the d-ring so we couldn't do it) Checked her car manual to make sure it was allowed. It was awesome!!! That is now the 3rd time I have seen a child over 2 rfing! YAY! I told her I wanted to hug her for still having her dd rfing. I wanted to ask what car seat board she belonged to, but I didn't.

I had a repeat come in to have us check her seats since she just started doing daycare and had purchased a mini van (after having a very small sedan) The first time I saw her she was expecting and had and AOE for the new baby (yeah wow) but she had received the seat from her insurance company for free and couldn't afford a seat (we didn't have any that day to give away) I told her then it wouldn't work for a newborn and I really recommended a different seat, but if she was going to use it I showed her how to use receiving blankets and a crotch roll to try and help.

Today she had her 4 month old daughter (still in the AOE and the harness was exactly at her shoulders) she was still using the receiving blankets correctly. She also had a 2yr old that she was doing day care for. She had two other seats for children she has off and on.

The 2 yr old was in a Evenflo Chase, there was a Summit harness booster for a 3yr old and a Graco lbb for a 4 yr old (all these seats were provided by the parents of the children)

The only things we had to fix were moving the chase to a position with a top tether, and slightly adjusting the recline on the AOE. She had everything else right. It was so nice to have a parent actually listen to what you said the first time!

I also helped a expectant mom with a Keyfit. Finally I am seeing more keyfit and gracos rather than evenflo!

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
That's so exciting!!!! I did a three across with Radian 80SLs once and I was SHOCKED. :)

A RFing 3yo is something that I have never seen before "in the wild."

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
That's awesome!!! I did an event today and was all excited when our first car pulled in and I saw two toddlers RF in Radians... but then I opened the doors and realized it was not at all what I had hoped for lol. Let's just say RF was about the only thing she had done correctly. At least she tried though!

zactayaus

That's so exciting!!!! I did a three across with Radian 80SLs once and I was SHOCKED. :)

A RFing 3yo is something that I have never seen before "in the wild."

Next time we work together and my dh has off I'll have him pull up with Gavin (who's still RF in dh's truck) and I'll pretend I don't know them so you can see one in the wild.:p

That's awesome!! I went to get my car seats checked a little while ago and I was looking around for other people like me :p

I saw one mom with a EHed 7 year old!!! WOOT! But he was outgrown of his seat, straps were twisted and the install was totally wrong.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC