What would you do?

noahsmommy

Hi all,

We decided on a Diono R120 from Kohls for our 2nd car & I've been not-so-patiently waiting for it to arrive all week. Well, I just got it & opened it and at first glance, it looked new (tags attached, etc.), but as I started fiddling with it, I realized that the sides are pretty scratched up. Maybe this was a floor model? I don't know, but it definitely did not come straight from the manufacturer like this.

It wasn't a clearance item or anything. I just used a coupon & Kohls cash.

Should I return it because I have no idea where it's been? Or should I assume that it has never been used because the warranty tag was still attached (seems like that would be pretty easy to stick back on if removed - it was just on with a clothing tag)?

I'm super-bummed, because I wanted to get it into hubby's car tonight. But I can't stop thinking about how I don't know where this seat's been. I wouldn't let hubby buy a used seat for that very reason, so it seems a little hypocritical if I keep it. :/

What would you guys do? TIA!

ADS

noahsmommy

Well the plot thickens....

Kohls is out of Radians. CS pretty much said, "Oops, our bad. You can buy another one when then come back in stock."

Not a huge deal except I have a commitment this week coming up & we REALLY need 2 seats (1 to drop off & 1 to pick up).

CS told me to use it until they restock, then return it. That seems very wrong.

Does anyone know of any R120s on sale?

Should just make a trip to Walmart for a temporary Cosco?

ugggh.....

mom2kandm

When u say sides, can u be more specific? I ordered 2 as well and one of the boxes was damaged (a corner was ripped open). The plastic surrounding the seat was intact and the seat seems okay otherwise. Also, can i ask the dom on your seat? Ours are 1/2012.

Phineasmama

I don't think the warranty tag is supposed to be affixed with a plastic clothing tag...I can't remember how mine were attached though. I'd probably return it too!

koda&phiasmama

I'm not sure what you paid but just kids store has them for 247 no tax and free shipping I received my RXT from them in 3 days. I would return it.

crunchierthanthou

Phineasmama said:
I don't think the warranty tag is supposed to be affixed with a plastic clothing tag...I can't remember how mine were attached though. I'd probably return it too!

That's how they come, attached to the belly pad with a short clothing tag.

Kohl's doesn't have floor models because they don't carry carseats in-store. Can you post pics of the scratches?

noahsmommy

When u say sides, can u be more specific? I ordered 2 as well and one of the boxes was damaged (a corner was ripped open). The plastic surrounding the seat was intact and the seat seems okay otherwise. Also, can i ask the dom on your seat? Ours are 1/2012.

The worst scratches are on the red plastic at the base on both sides. The labels are also peeling off and scratched in places, and the manual looks a little beat up, but the box is fine. DOM is 10/2011.

I'm not sure what you paid but just kids store has them for 247 no tax and free shipping I received my RXT from them in 3 days. I would return it.

Just checked it out. Just Kids looks like the way to go. Thanks!

Grandmama is out of town, but I think she'll get back in time to grab the Britax out of her car until the new RN arrives. (fingers crossed)

Definitely, going to return it. Thanks for the input everyone! I was afraid I was just being too over-the-top picky. Glad you guys agree :)

noahsmommy

kam1011 said:
Well, there's your answer why the sides are all banged up :whistle:

Yeah, not great advice from CS.

I don't blame Kohls, too much, though. Even if they opened the returned box to check, it really did appear unused at first glance.

I was more frustrated about wasting a week waiting for it & then needing to return it. Didn't know if I was just being too neurotic. :)

mom2kandm

The worst scratches are on the red plastic at the base on both sides. The labels are also peeling off and scratched in places, and the manual looks a little beat up, but the box is fine. DOM is 10/2011. :)

Sorry, it didn't work out for you. To be safe, I took a closer look at mine and no noticeable scratches or signs of use (despite the beat of box).

noahsmommy

Thanks. I'm not so bummed about it now. Just had to stop & remember there are worse things than having to return a seat!

I'm glad to hear that yours are both fine. :) I was thinking it would stink if either of them were damaged, too. That's a big investment.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC