Question Britax Advocate 70 or Graco MyRide 65

DanielsMomma

Hi All!

I have been wanting to get a convertible car seat for my son but not so sure which one is the best for him as far as the safety, comfort, and long lasting. He is 10 months old, 23 lbs, and 30 in. Right now I'm thinking about Advocate 70 and MyRide 65. Could anyone please suggest/advise me which one of those two that would be the best, or if there is any other car seat that would be even better for him other than two car seats above. I drive 2008 Toyota Highlander, in case that info would be needed.

Thanks!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd get the My Ride of those two. It'll last longer rear facing because the shell is taller, and it costs less than half. All carseats pass the same tests, so you're not sacrificing anything on the safety front.

I'd also look at the Safety 1st Complete Air, Maxi Cosi Pria, Evenflo Triumph 65, and Diono Radians.

Wendy

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Totally agree with Wendy. I would add the Evenflo Momentum to her list. The momentum is very similar to the triumph, but they tighten differently.

DanielsMomma

Thanks for your reply guys! I wonder how much taller is the MyRide 65 shell compare to Advocate 70 CS? What about the Maxi-Cosi shell's? How tall is it?

Thanks!

Carla

DanielsMomma

I have other question. I read in one of blog here that pria's height limit for rf is 40, while advocate 70 and myride is 49. That confuse me; how can pria has taller shell and can be used for a longer period of time but yet has lower height limit?

TIA!

oliviacw

I chose the MyRide over the Britax options for my daughter (she's 14 months old now and just moving out of her infant bucket) because of the higher shell height and because it offered a lot more leg support. I actually took her shopping with me and stuck her in a bunch of different car seats (this might not work well with all babies!). She definitely preferred car seats that gave more leg support, and fussed in ones that let her legs dangle.

Stelvis

DanielsMomma said:
I have other question. I read in one of blog here that pria's height limit for rf is 40, while advocate 70 and myride is 49. That confuse me; how can pria has taller shell and can be used for a longer period of time but yet has lower height limit?

TIA!

Because the height limit they state doesn't match up with reality for most kids. There is no way a 49" child will still fit RF in a Britax seat. By contrast, many children who are over 40" would still fit by torso height in a Pria.

DanielsMomma

oliviacw said:
I chose the MyRide over the Britax options for my daughter (she's 14 months old now and just moving out of her infant bucket) because of the higher shell height and because it offered a lot more leg support. I actually took her shopping with me and stuck her in a bunch of different car seats (this might not work well with all babies!). She definitely preferred car seats that gave more leg support, and fussed in ones that let her legs dangle.

Do you think it will work for wide shoulder child in a ling run? Also, is there any difference between myride prentis, capri, and nico?

DanielsMomma

Stelvis said:
Because the height limit they state doesn't match up with reality for most kids. There is no way a 49" child will still fit RF in a Britax seat. By contrast, many children who are over 40" would still fit by torso height in a Pria.

So, I can keep using the pria rf as long as my son still fit by torso in it even though his height exceed 40? How about in ff- is britax can be used longer as it has more height range compare to pria?

oliviacw

Do you think it will work for wide shoulder child in a ling run? Also, is there any difference between myride prentis, capri, and nico?

The seat is nice and wide, so I think it will work for a wide-shouldered child (my daughter is thin, so I've got rather the other issue!).

The Capri and Nico are newer designs, with the safety surround headpiece insert that you raise up as the child grows.

The Prentis is an older-style MyRide, with a cushiony infant insert and toddler head pillow. This is the kind I bought, and I specifically chose it because people on here had reported concerns about how the surround woud work as the child grew - Graco's messaging on when it was required or not seems to be inconsistent. Also, my daughter doesn't like things that close to her head, and I didn't feel the additional side impact protection was that significant, given the design of the MyRide.

I'd try to check out both designs in person, if you can, before making the decision. Also look at back threads if you can, to find the safety surround discussion.

Edited to add: here's a recent discussion that contains links to some of the earlier ones. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=220582

littlerockmama

I chose the MyRide when I was choosing between the two last fall. The price was much better (Target had a $100 sale at the time) and I learned that kids generally outgrow the Britax height wise pretty quickly. My 18mo. old son is 32" and is only on the second shoulder height position (out of 5 height adjustments). This seat will last a long time. My son also really likes it. He loves riding in it. My husband was amazed at how well he did our drive from Little Rock to N. FL.
Also, I'd stay away from the Momentum because all of the info I've found says it RF to 30" which doesn't last long in RF position for most.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC