Congrats, Arizona

crunchierthanthou

Governor signs booster bill

:D

Arizona is on the verge of joining a majority of other states in requiring children too big for special child restraints to be strapped into vehicles with booster seats.

Current law already requires anyone younger than 16 traveling in a car or truck to be buckled up. The new law, signed late Wednesday by Gov. Jan Brewer, spells out that children age 5 through 7 must also have a little extra padding between them and the seat.

The law takes effect this summer.

ADS

Aurezalia

Yep, it's signed! :love: Kids 5 -7 and under 4'10" now required to booster! Still not awesome, but what an improvement!

Brianna

No, just in an approved child restraint which would include a booster as long as the child meets the minimums.

tjham

I emailed the governor's office with a question about the new booster law.

Their response:

Good afternoon,

Please visit http://www.azleg.gov/search/oop/qfu.../50leg/2r/laws/0314.htm&CiRestriction=booster for a copy of the Chaptered version of the bill. Revisions to existing law are indicated by a combination of color and either all capital letters or strikethrough text. Red/strikethrough text indicates the language will be deleted from existing statute; blue/all capital letters indicate the language will be added to existing statute.

***The legislation will become effective August 2, 2012***.

Sincerely,

Jamie Bennett

Assistant Policy Advisor

Office of Governor Janice K. Brewer

(602) 542-3394

jbennett@az.gov

I emailed back that the link didn't work for me and they sent this back.

Sometimes I have the same problem. I usually refresh the page several times and it ends up working. If not, you can always try the Secretary of State’s website. Here is a link to the bill through their website:

http://www.azsos.gov/public_service...th_Legislature_2nd_Regular_Session/CH_314.pdf.

Their version is a scanned copy and does not have color, so the changes are a little more difficult to identify.

Jamie

I was able to see the pdf. The bill still has a lot of dumb stuff in it, like if there are too many people, everyone doesn't have to have a seat belt! :rolleyes: But it does improve some things.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC