Question Can we clarify the Radian height limit rear facing?

ADS

christineka

Diono is saying 1.5 inches on their fb page. That's not 1.5 inches to the top of the padding, but the top of the seat.

Brianna

Keeanh, An Aurora

I'm curious where your information is from, and of course anybody else that has been told that it's 1 inch.

canadiangie

It's 44" in Canada, right? Or has that been changed? :dizzy:

Interestingly enough, my 44" almost 6yo has exactly 1.5" of shell.

jjordan

The newer manuals have an overall height limit of 44" listed for RF. I don't know when they started having this, only that it is on the online manual but not in my manuals (which were before they changed to Diono from Sunshine Kids).

christineka

The 44 inch height limit is for diono radians only. The 1.5 inch limit was given nowhere else, but on fb and over email- starting about 6-12 months before the diono changeover.

canadiangie

The 44 inch height limit is for diono radians only. The 1.5 inch limit was given nowhere else, but on fb and over email- starting about 6-12 months before the diono changeover.

Unless you're in Canada? I'm pretty sure my '10 SK XT has a 44" rf limit.

Brianna

Do we know if they have any intention of putting 1.5" in the manual? I feel like if they aren't going to, and they'll continue to only put it as a caveat on facebook then we should share this just like we do the 40" height limit on the Complete Air.

christineka

Yeah, unless you're in Canada. My sk radian 80 manual give the rfing limit of 35 pounds and an overall height limit of 53 inches or ears above the top of the seat. Maybe they figured no 35 pound kid would get too tall for rfing? Then they retroactively made the seat rf to 40 pounds and didn't change the height limit, except to add this 1.5 inch from the top limit later on.

jjordan

Do we know if they have any intention of putting 1.5" in the manual? I feel like if they aren't going to, and they'll continue to only put it as a caveat on facebook then we should share this just like we do the 40" height limit on the Complete Air.

1.5" from the top of the shell is in the manual I linked above, page 36.

tribord

A 44" height or 1.5" below the shell limit seems a world of difference from the 53" or ears above top of seat limit for the older Radians.

Should those of us with older Radians adhere to the more conservative guidelines, even though the manuals for those seats say we are OK up to the 53" height or ears above top of seat?

leighi123

When I talked to them on the phone, they told me the 1.5" thing was including the cover, 1" from the shell is fine. The .5" was to accommodate for the cover itself.

I was told that by more than one person.

Qarin

A 44" height or 1.5" below the shell limit seems a world of difference from the 53" or ears above top of seat limit for the older Radians.

57" or tops of ears above the top of the seat is for forward-facing. The discussion here is limits for rear-facing... I don't think the Radian ever claimed the top of the head could come over the seat back while rear-facing.

Brianna

57" or tops of ears above the top of the seat is for forward-facing. The discussion here is limits for rear-facing... I don't think the Radian ever claimed the top of the head could come over the seat back while rear-facing.

The Radian manual I'm looking at states "child is too tall for restraint if the tops of the ears are above the back of the restraint OR if the child is more than 53" tall" and from what I see, this does not specify that it is the limit for forward facing http://www.skjp.com/simg/19544744.pdf

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC