Curing tippy probooster

Baylor

Know there was a thread where someone posted their solution to it.

I have one position in my van where the tippyness is really bad.

Looking for solution to it because I love how this booster fits my kids.

auto correct hates me

ADS

jjordan

The solution I just saw (probably the same one you're referring to) was putting the armrests down in a captain's chair.

I think they should make it LATCHable; that should help! ;)

Baylor

jjordan said:
The solution I just saw (probably the same one you're referring to) was putting the armrests down in a captain's chair.

I think they should make it LATCHable; that should help! ;)

Yes!! I wish they would. I think I saw something with pool noodles.

auto correct hates me

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I swear for us putting the head restraint back on the vehicle seat made a HUGE difference. Now it is not tippy!!!! YAY! I also love the seat but have been on the search for something new since dh bought a new car in the fall because in the new car and in my car it is crazy tippy. I guess I should be thankful for the Monterey and Probooster headrest fiasco because it caused me to put the headrest back on and it made a world of difference!

CrazyBoysMamma

Sometimes just flipping the recline bar to the other position(what ever one it's not in while being so tippy) helps, in some vehicles it helps to be in the reclines position, others, not. Not that I can even tell which is reclined and which isn't, to me they both seem the same unless you turn it around and look at the bar. :confused:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Sometimes just flipping the recline bar to the other position(what ever one it's not in while being so tippy) helps, in some vehicles it helps to be in the reclines position, others, not. Not that I can even tell which is reclined and which isn't, to me they both seem the same unless you turn it around and look at the bar. :confused:

I agree. I don't really get the recline bar.

Kat_Momof3

because (if you read the manual) it's not a recline bar, it's to help the seat conform to the shape of the vehicle seat. in my van, it fills the SLIGHT slant of the captain's chair. in another car with flat seats and a contoured back (or to work around an angled headrest), you would probably put it up.

melniemi

I cut a 4" section off a pool noodle, cut it in 1/2 length wise and stuck a piece under each side of my probooster. No more tipping!

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
because (if you read the manual) it's not a recline bar, it's to help the seat conform to the shape of the vehicle seat. in my van, it fills the SLIGHT slant of the captain's chair. in another car with flat seats and a contoured back (or to work around an angled headrest), you would probably put it up.

They refer to it as "backrest recline adjustment" in the manual. :) I think we understand the purpose of the recline bar but I have not found it to be effective in achieving a much better fit in any vehicle nor in preventing tippiness (if that is a word). IMO if they redesigned the bottom of the seat it would be far less tippy.

Baylor

melniemi said:
I cut a 4" section off a pool noodle, cut it in 1/2 length wise and stuck a piece under each side of my probooster. No more tipping!

Thank you!! It's just one position that does that.

auto correct hates me

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC