Car accident! Question

kkcoconut

DS and I were rear-ended a few hours ago. Luckily he was RFing. There isn't that much damage on my car but my back is hurting a bit. My son was in his graco smart seat but I also had a kiddy world plus in my car that wasn't installed. I was actually on my way to send it back to Amazon. Im planning on getting a new car seat to replace my graco one but is it ok to still return the KWP to Amazon? Do they sell seats that have been returned? Also for those that have been in car accidents did your insurance company replace them? if so do they give you a check or a new car seat? Sorry for all the questions.

ADS

Pixels

Do not return the crashed seat to Amazon. I don't know for sure that they destroy returns, and somehow doubt that they do.

I have had seats replaced after two separate crashes, neither our fault. One crash, my insurance handled everything, and sent me a check for the seat. The other crash, we have had to deal with the other guy's insurance company and they sent us a check.

lourdes

I have a question, if the seat was in the package that it came in and it was in the trunk (I am speculating here) isn't that movement just like the movement and treatment it will receive by the USPS? When you have a seat ship it isn't handle with care.....

kkcoconut

I have a question, if the seat was in the package that it came in and it was in the trunk (I am speculating here) isn't that movement just like the movement and treatment it will receive by the USPS? When you have a seat ship it isn't handle with care.....

It wasn't in the package. I had the carseatin the trunk and the box next to my son. I used the KWP with my son yesterday and was uncomfortable with him being FFing in it so I turned him back RFing today.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
If you were rear-ended it should be the responsibility of the other driver to replace any damaged property in the vehicle, and in this case it would be the KWP.

You may have to order another one from Amazon, submit the receipt, and then if you don't want it return it to Amazon. The insurance company may want you to turn over the car seat, or want you to recycle/destroy it yourself. Or if you're lucky you might be able to submit the original receipt and ask that you get reimbursed for what you paid for it.

There are probably some CPSTs who would pay for shipping to get the KWP just to play with or as a demo seat but not to have a child ride in it, if it comes down to you needing to dispose of it yourself. Or you might be able to donate it to your local Safe Kids coalition to use in their CPST training classes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC