Best deal on video monitor?

jdjr6735

I'm putting my daughter with special needs in a toddler bed soon. I need a video monitor to make sure she stays safe if/when she gets out of bed and crawls around her room. Summer and Motorola brands have the highest ratings so I'd like to stick to them....

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I bought mine on NBD. It was broken but I was able to get warranty service from Motorola and they replaced it. I had to pay to ship it back to Motorola, but it was still a much better deal than I could have found elsewhere.

CTRS4peds

Brigala said:
I bought mine on NBD. It was broken but I was able to get warranty service from Motorola and they replaced it. I had to pay to ship it back to Motorola, but it was still a much better deal than I could have found elsewhere.

I had the same thing happens to me last month, I was sent a unit with out parts! Motorola replaced it !

I ordered a second unit, and it would not turn on, so I sent it back to NBD for a refund, be careful if you buy from them! Not sure it was all worth the phone calls and hassle. But I have a brand new unit that works so that is nice!

jdjr6735

With the 30% off Kohls card thing right now, I can get the Summer Babytouch for $160-something. That one has the highest ratings....important so I can keep a close eye on my daughter until she learns to stay in her new bed. If anybody comes across a better deal, let me know!

liz_legend

Personally, we went with a D-Link DCS 932 camera and love it. It isn't a "conventional video baby monitor" but is used in almost the same way and you can actually look at the video through any smartphone or computer which is awesome :) Has Audio and a nightvision feature too!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004P8K24W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_10?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER"]Amazon Link[/ame]

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
:yeahthat: but we have the Foscam (comes in black as well) http://foscam.us/products/foscam-fi8918w-white-wireless-ip-camera-21.html

Lots of people write apps for it, the one I bought for a few bucks is "Baby Monitor Foscam" for iOS. Lots of apps not geared towards baby monitoring as well.

You can use it for security purposes after it's baby monitoring days are over or when you're away on vacation and camera is at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC