Georgia meets the Foonf!

djma

It was a lovely humid day to meet the Foonf.

I did not take notes of the technical stuff (mostly because a lot has already been posted) but I was impressed. I am impressed with the company, the seat, and the technology.

Will I be buying one? Probably not. Mostly because we're broke. LOL

I drive a 2003 impala and have to have 3 across, so I was concerned about fit. It was great. I uninstalled DD's proride and Chris was able to get the foonf in without even touching the nautilus installed next to it.

I do not have a problem with rearview obstruction with the foonf because DD will always have to be outboard driver's side, so it will not block my view. It did sit up higher than her proride, but I think her proride was deeper. Still didn't block any kind of view.

Anyways, here are some pics from today and I'm sure others will join in. For reference, DD is 2 years 9 months, 34" and around 24-25lbs.
(And I apologize for large pics, but it's late and I'm tired.) LOL

Trying to get a pic of the metal underneath.

Where DD would need it set for RF.

Growing room for FF.

Our 4 cute models waiting to try it out. They are in age order, oldest to youngest left to right (looking at it)

The side shot of my proride for comparison

Continued in next post....

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

djma

Did it take more or less front to back room that the proride?

More. But it wasn't actually installed. It may be a close call with it actually tightened down. But she sits deeper in the proride and I like that.

Kat_Momof3

very cool to see all that metal... and OMG can your little girl get any cuter if she tries? She is SO SO SO adorable! And that face she made... Ruthie used to make that face!

What a sweet (but trying) age!

Spam

legroom looks good. How much higher up is it than the proride? I dislike the white shell.

And your model is adorable :)

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Clek will be at a training next week I am attending I'm assuming Foonf will be there...fingers crossed :)

djma

The foonf is a good bit higher than the proride. The proride sits up high, but the child sits deep down in it.

Her body was pretty high up in the foonf.

Thank you for all the compliments! I think she's a cutie! :love:

arly1983

Wow! Look at how much she has grown!!!

The foonf looks really nice. If it had came out a couple of years ago, I would have had to have it.

Mugsmom

Adorable!

How much growing room did she have left rearfacing? I was super excited about the Foonf for ERF, but DS is about 2 inches taller than your DD right now, he's all torso, and he just barely turned 2.

FF, it looks like she has about 3-4 inches before her shoulders hit the headrest, does that seem accurate?

djma

Adorable!

How much growing room did she have left rearfacing? I was super excited about the Foonf for ERF, but DS is about 2 inches taller than your DD right now, he's all torso, and he just barely turned 2.

FF, it looks like she has about 3-4 inches before her shoulders hit the headrest, does that seem accurate?

Unfortunately I did not measure. If I were more determined to get one, I may have. Chris says the foonf has 17.5" top slots, which is pretty good. Our proride has 19" top slots, so we'll probably just be sticking with that anyways.

And for RF, the foonf can be used with the headrest all the way up, but the child still has to have 1" above their heads, so there's a lot of RF room.

luckyclov

Yes please! Very interested :D
Here ya go.:)

RF drivers side captains chair, 2011 Sienna.

Reclined w/ ARB:

f_1.jpg

303489_3911182663511_1397708058_3605818_876401574_n.jpg

Upright without ARB:

578309_3911184183549_1397708058_3605822_1154259925_n.jpg

523765_3911184743563_1397708058_3605823_709519519_n.jpg

DS2 (28 months old, 35.5", 28 lbs) sitting in Foonf (upright without ARB). Leg room with ARB is much more generous:

542080_3911186303602_1397708058_3605826_1008085573_n.jpg

hope41more

Mugsmom said:
Adorable!

I don't think the headrest is all the way up in the pic? Everything says foonf rf until 46". Her daughter is only 34", soon way is she at the height limit. 46" and 45 lbs.

djma

I don't think the headrest is all the way up in the pic? Everything says foonf rf until 46". Her daughter is only 34", soon way is she at the height limit. 46" and 45 lbs.

Overall height really doesn't matter -- it's torso height that counts. DD actually has a tall torso for her age/height.

The foonf can be used RF with the headrest all the way up as long as the child has 1" above their head. They *had* to put a height limit on it, but it's really the 1" rule.

She had loads of room both RF and FF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC