Rethinking my 3 across...

Jessica61624

My kids fight constantly in the car. They've been out board to avoid this. With the baby coming soon I put them next to each other and its not going well. DS gave DD a bloody nose yesterday. So the only real option is to put the baby in the middle. But I'm worried about DS hurting the baby. DS is in a rf radian and the baby will be in a keyfit. Has anyone had these two next to each other? Is the older rf child able to reach the baby?

ADS

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
My friend had to put her 22 month old son RF next to her new baby. She was REALLY worried about it because her toddler is kind of a meanie. But, we've found that when she leaves the handle on the keyfit up, the toddler can't reach the baby, it's just too awkward.

gigi

My son is 5 and cannot reach his sister in her infant seat when the handle is up. In my case it is annoying because my son could help her/play with if not for the handle!

Jessica61624

That's good to know about the handle! I'll have to bring the kf down to the car and try it out. I wish each kid could have their own row!

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If the fighting continues, you could try some type of reward system. They get a sticker every time they behave from one place to the next and a certain number of stickers equals a trip to the playground, small toy, etc.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC