The Grave Yard

didymama

Thought about doing this after i picked up 3, yes 3, nasty seats today. i'll post pic links a bit later, but one is a fisher price from 1991!

so what have you destoyed? pics? methods? share it all here.

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Ooh fun.I LOVE destroying seats!!!! I save them until I have a really bad day and take an ax to them. I feels so good to get that aggression out.

One year, all the agencies saved all the car seats we confiscated. At the end of the year, we had a big event and ran a steam roller over them on the 6 o'clock news.

My best friend's husband drives his 4 wheel drive truck over them, or breaks out a sledge hammer.

Mostly though, I just mark them for teaching purposes and use them for classes.

Kimberly

didymama

today was a: fisher price t-shield dated 8/12/1991
a century bucket possibly from 1985 that was freakishly clean
and a century OHS with one strap busted.
i do have pics on my camera and will up load them. these were all found in the same spot too.

also sent to it's doom:
an evenflo ultara
an evenflo on my way (and 2 others that i mentioned to the owner of a thrift store)
a not soo old century bucket
and a newly expired snugride that was ours. i haven't done this one yet since it was our first. sentimental.

Mommypooh

I have only had to destroy 3 seats so far. One was a Century Infant Bucket that my mom bought for my youngest brother in 2000 and I destroyed it in 2005, my hubby had lots of fun with a dremel tool cutting the seat into pieces we completely removed the straps. Then I had another one don't even remember who made it but it was a seat that folded in half for easy caring use we destroyed in in 2006. He took it to the basement with a sledge hammer and just beat the heck out of it. He had a really bad day at work and he envisioned it was his bosses head, it was really funny to listen to.

We also destroyed a Century shield booster that my middle brother used in like 1994 or 5. We had used it as an emergency booster that I took the shield off of when I needed it. I knew shields were bad just didn't know about car seat expiring at that time. I used it in like 2003 and didn't end up destroying it until 2006 when I found it again in the basement.

We then put all of them in the dumpster on a Thursday Morning because pick up is on Thursday at 8 am so I figured less chance of someone picking them out that quick.

Beating Car seats into little pieces is very fun and entertaining for my hubby. He really gets into it. That makes it so he is kinda addicted to car seats too. LOL Hope you had fun destroying them all.

cantech

Hmmmm....The Car Seat Grave Yard!

Could be an interesting concept for Halloween! Partially buried carseats with a grim gravestone saying something along the line of "Carseats expire too, retire your old carseat before something tragic happens!"

I know I'm warped!

Belinda

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC