Funny story about Recaro's replacement harness

djma

I have bugged Recaro for the past few months because our replacement ProRide's harness has been fraying where the harness comes up through the tongs (sp?). The seat is used multiple times daily and I've only had it about a year (had a signo first, they replaced it with a proride because of latch issues). Anyways, they finally sent me a new harness, crotch buckle included. No instructions, just the harness and buckle.

So, DH and I worked getting these little plastic covers off each side to remove the harness itself. Then we go to replace the crotch buckle. Graco and Evenflo have me spoiled on the ease of moving and removing their crotch strap. We couldn't figure out for the life of us how to remove the crotch buckle. Dh suggested he could remove the base :eek: to get to it. I said no. LOL I e-mailed Recaro the next day and explained that we could not remove the crotch buckle. I asked if it would be ok to use the new harness with the old crotch buckle. They wrote back saying no. So they attached some picture instructions on how to remove it......

It's was one of those "Doh!" moments.............

scissors. The instructions showed scissors cutting the crotch buckle. Once you cut below the buckle, the bottom half falls right out the bottom of the seat.

Yep, felt like an idiot. LOL

ADS

krfogle88

When I was having the same issue with DD's Como, they sent me a new harness and crotch buckle a few weeks back... I had the same issue. My husband actually figured it out before I had to contact them. I was for sure that he was ruining the crotch strap and that wasn't how it was supposed to be done. But, you just proved me wrong. :)

nmb

So what if your kid has a diaper failure? Or pt'ing accident?? No chance to remove the crotch strap to clean it?

HaileysMommy

We are talking about the ProRide right? Yes, you can remove the buckle and have too in order to move it to a different slot. It's just a pita to do.

djma

The proride doesn't haven't different crotch strap positions. :confused:

And yes, guess you're out of luck with a potty/sick accident.

HaileysMommy

Doh...why do I always read ProRide as prosport!!! Ignore me... I posted this when I couldn't sleep at 4:30 this morning! Apparently I wasn't too bright at the time.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
This sounds like not the brightest design. Pee happens, you'd think they'd account for that...

purplemama

Actually you can get the crotch strap out without cutting it. I did when I got my replacement harness for my ProRide. It's not easy but I did it. But it was easier than the Radian crotch strap.

Britax says to cut it when replacing in their instructions also.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC