Proof of my retroactive weight limit

christineka

Last night I finally put the new stickers on my older radian. I got the stickers 6 months ago. As I was putting on the stickers, I thought it sure would be nice if they had the new, retroactive rfing weight limit on them. (5-40 pounds) I looked, but the sticker says "5-35 pounds". What if this was ever called into question and I had a 36-40 pound kid in the seat? How can I prove the weight limit? (It's a radian 80 dom Nov 2008.)

Last edited:
ADS

jjordan

I can't imagine that a police officer would know that your 36 pound child was 36 and not 35 pounds, kwim? If someone (like an officer0 were to ask, "hmm, she looks sort of big for that seat, how much does she weigh?" you could just say, "she is still within the rear facing weight range indicated by the manufacturer." That way you sort of avoid the dilemma.

tam_shops

I'd also add that I haven't told my 6yo how much he weighs for a similar reason, but regarding booster (and friend's parents) and the social implication, the law says you have to be 40# vs my mom is making me wait 0.5# and follow the law.

He was 39.5# for ages and I just tell him he's not booster weight yet b/c I'm a rules follower...When we weigh him, I just say, "Nope, you're not booster weight yet and you can still ride RF". and leave it at that.

Thus, if the officer asks your LO their weight, an honest answer of IDK can be given. Don't underestimate kids, the 4.5yo in our class knew he was 36# when I asked (and refused to booster him knowing he was smaller than my guy and thus not 40# yet). So, I put ODS in YDS's RF seat and friend in ODS's seat.

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC