FF option for 11 Odyssey (8th seat)

bnsnyde

Wondering what seats give a good, solid install FF with the SEATBELT on the 8th seat of the 11 Odyssey (and it'd be between a Frontier85 and some other random seat, probably a RF Advocate or a Radian at some point).

Foonf? Prosport? Others?
Will be putting my daughter there when she's near or at 5 (and turning her FF).
Was planning on the Radian XTSL and using SL, but am just curious what else works.

Wondering about a Frontier85 next to another...

So it's a WHAT FITS question along with a WHAT INSTALLS well with the ceiling seatbelt. Since she'll be 5 I'm looking at the highest possible harness (but maybe I'm dreaming thinking the Frontier would work there next to another).

ADS

Brycen'sMommy

We have a 2011 Odyssey. I have installed a lot of seats on the 8th seat but none with the seat belt mainly because I hate seat belt installs and my kiddos are tall and light weight so I haven't had the need to try. At one point in the second row we had two FR85 next to each other with a RF Pria and it worked great. The FR85 was in the captains chair installed with the seat belt for my DS who was over 40 lbs and the FR85 in the center seat was installed with latch. I love this van because you can get almost any combination of seats next to each other. It is so car seat friendly. :thumbsup:

I have also had a FF Radian installed with latch on the center seat and that worked great too. I liked the Radian there because you could still slide the captains chair forward to have access to the back seats. You can't slide the chair forward with a FR85 installed. I have tried a Natuilus/Argos and a Maestro and neither of those worked because the feet on the bottom of the seats were too wide for the center seat and couldn't be installed securely.

Our current set up (which changes all the time :rolleyes:) is Argos-captains chair, Harmony Dreamtime booster- center, Radian-captains chair

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Carseatblog review said a FR should work with seatbelt there-probably because of LBP- but a Nauti won't, nor a Maestro. So not much choice...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC