Anyone have extra Turbobooster screws

Tammy

Graco does not have any in stock. I ordered a few weeks ago but they have not come in. I know some of the techs here order extras so I was hoping someone could send me a set. I am not using the seat-it actually has never been used-but would like to. My Mom had a minor accident and I have to replace the seats in her car. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help. Hope this was the right place to post this. Thanks so much.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
You can buy them at a hardware store. On my phone right now, but try doing a search for turbo booster screws, on here. Also, under user name, type ketchupqueen. I know she posted in the thread. The size of the screws is listed there.

tam_shops

Ask for #10 machine screws, 3/4 inch, Phillips head. Post #24.

There was another discussion about this awhile ago and there people were pointing out the liability of not using the *graco* screw and the threads were different and idk it kind of freaked me out, it's fine if I use this screw for me in my car, but what if I give the screw and then something happens...

Will you guys say, hey take this screw for now, use it, then call Graco and use *their* screw, then when they don't, which we know they won't, that's their problem!?

And, I know they won't, I've told my guys' classmates parents they need screws, blah, blah, blah, then they don't do it...

tam

Mysweethoneybee

I called Graco back in December about needing screws for a friends turbo booster. They told me to just go to the hardware store back then. They told us what screws to get. I compared the screws to the screws from my "spare kid" turbo booster and I couldn't tell which were which.

morninglori

unfortunately, you can not buy the "right" screws at a hardware store. The screws Graco uses are screws designed for the use in plastics. There are some significant differences between the screws provided from graco and the hardware store screws, but to the regular person, you wouldn't really notice. There are differences in the thread angle, the diameter of the shaft, the depth of the thread, possible even screw material - these details make the graco/plastic screw perform better with the material in the booster seat.

I'm not saying that the hardware store screw is better or worse, just that it was not designed and tested for use in the turbo- the plastics screw was. And since Graco requires screws in the armrests, sounds like these little screws are somewhat important.

We talk alot about respecting the testing that is done and not adding or subtracting from what the manufacturer tests to - mostly in the aftermarket product regime, so while we want to give information about possible solutions, I think the manufacturer needs to approve the use of hardware store machine screws as an equivalent and appropriate substitution.

Now if Graco CS is telling parents to go out and buy a machine screw, as mentioned in PP, I would hope that an engineer has approved this substitution, and given a clear and identifiable part number/specification. I would also hope that if Graco is approving an off the shelf machine screw, they will put it in the turbo manuals and notify customers of this new information.

Tammy

I decided not to get the screws from a hardware stoe. I'm too nervous now after reading all the info. I will wait for Graco, hopefully they get some soon. I don't know why it doesn't just come with the screw in place.

cso1997

This issue kinda ticks me off because it would take about 30 seconds per seat for Graco to put the d*mn screws in before they ship the seats. Talk about lazy for no reason.

cryswilkins

Too bad they are out if stock. I gave out my last set not too long ago.

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse my typos.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC