would you re-rearface??

clmchrissy

Matthew is 4 yrs 4 mos. He has been ff since 34-35 months because he was kicking his brother in the face in a tight three across. We no longer have to worry about a three across and he looks too small for the FR85...so I was considering a different seat for ff then thought maybe we'll try rf again. He was 40" in Jan at his 4 yr appointment and he is 36-40lbs..I'll have to check that. If so what seat? Oh and it would be in a Capt chair 2008 Sienna.

ADS

Baylor

clmchrissy said:
Matthew is 4 yrs 4 mos. He has been ff since 34-35 months because he was kicking his brother in the face in a tight three across. We no longer have to worry about a three across and he looks too small for the FR85...so I was considering a different seat for ff then thought maybe we'll try rf again. He was 40" in Jan at his 4 yr appointment and he is 36-40lbs..I'll have to check that. If so what seat? Oh and it would be in a Capt chair 2008 Sienna.

I wouldn't. But I'm sure others may. He's been ff a year almost I would just keep him ff in the fr85. Its a good seat

auto correct hates me

tam_shops

At 4yo, after FF, I'd probably ask the child what he wants. My guy re-rear faced around that time, his choice, was supposed to be temporary, but he wound up staying that way until he was almost 6yo.

I also wouldn't buy a seat at his age, unless I didn't have one that fit him and/or it expired, I'd use something I had. The Frontier is a great seat for a 4yo, he'll grow into it...if it fits in your vehicle and you have it, I'd use it.

tam

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If he wanted to, you wanted him to, and you had a seat available, why not? It's always safer.

But I wouldn't work terribly hard to do it, either... If you don't like him in the FR85 how about a different seat?

glockchick

I would if my 4 year old would agree to it, but that's because he's my youngest and I want an excuse to buy the Foonf. :ROTFLMAO: My 4 year old wants nothing to do with it though. :(

In reality, I'd probably keep him in the FR. My 4 yr, 3 mth child who weighs about the same fits nicely in his Frontier.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I would if my 4 year old would agree to it, but that's because he's my youngest and I want an excuse to buy the Foonf.

See, I don't want the Foonf for RF, but I may very well buy one when I'm ready to FF my daughter. I like it better as a FF seat. The rigid LATCH and the crumple zones are awesome.

cookie123

I would if someone gave me a seat that fit him.:)

I have to say the Foonf doesn't seem like it's got great rf leg room potential from it's pictures.

glockchick

See, I don't want the Foonf for RF, but I may very well buy one when I'm ready to FF my daughter. I like it better as a FF seat. The rigid LATCH and the crumple zones are awesome.

Great point..... :evil grin: I think I'll wait until people get them and see if the difference in FF height in real life between that and the BLVD is substantial enough for me to justify it.

Mags462

1. You are driving a Swagger Wagon now?!?! Woot! Welcome to the Swaggin' club.... and since you have joined you must view -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4[/ame]

2. If you don't like the Frontier i would personally just get him another combo seat (I have a Nauti i really dislike :whistle:) but not bother with RF him.... but that's just ME. It's hot and frankly my RF is hot in this 95 degree weather even with rear vents... his FF brothers are much more comfy..... at his age I'd probably leave him facing the front for summer comfort :)

agave

If you still have a seat that fits him AND he wants to go for it but I wouldn't go out of my way to turn a 4 yr old.

clmchrissy

lol, yes Maggie I got a swagger waggon...actually came your way to buy it.

I'm not sure he'd go for it anyway..I was just thinking about switching him to something like a radian or ca for ff then thought we could try rf again. I'm not worried about getting him a convertible since dd is 18 mos and can use it later.

Thanks for the input :)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Um, my almost 5yr old who weighs less than 32lbs but is over 40" is FF. He's ridden in his sisters seat when it was RF'ing as a novelty, but it's not something he or I are interested in pursuing. He's in a FR85 and fits great. Is it 'overkill'? Yep. But he's comfy in it (and safe) and it will be the last harnessed seat I buy for him.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
There's nothing wrong with RFing at or over age 4, but I would not buy or recommend purchase of a new seat to make it happen.

ElfJewel

I re-RF *my* 4yo (her choice, and we already had the seat), but I probably wouldn't tell you to RF yours. There is nothing wrong with it, and IF you have the $$ for a 45 lb RF seat, WANT to RF him, and HE wants to, then it would definitely be possible. But he has a good FF seat, and he is big/old enough to use it safely. So I wouldn't tell you to replace it.

glockchick said:
Great point..... :evil grin: I think I'll wait until people get them and see if the difference in FF height in real life between that and the BLVD is substantial enough for me to justify it.

Read my mind! The price tag is a good chunk of mortgage payment but once I see all the parental reviews and pics I'd say my BLVD's will be in danger of being replaced by the sock monkey

Kayden - 2.5 RF BLVD 65 & RF Truefit Layla- 6 FF BLVD 65 CS & HBTB

bnsnyde

I'd re rear-face anyone who fit to the limit (we have the Radians).
We did re rear-face my daughter, who is 4.5 now but started re-rear-facing when she was 3.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC