foonf vs radian (is foonf now the tallest rf seat?)

V

VanIsleMommy

just curious about the foonf, how does it compare to the radian, and is it now the tallest rf seat? my son has lots of room in the radian still but 2 inches taller in height would buy him a lot more time. lol... I think he may still be rear facing by elementary school when all the other kids are in seatbelts...

ADS

PeachyPie

From some googling I found out that both are RF to 45 lbs but the Radian is RF up to 44" and the Foonf is RF to 46". I want a Foonf SO BAD!!! Too bad the price is NOT right for us, lol.

tam_shops

What about the FF height?

If the Foonf was 2" taller than the RN FF (18", right?), then it'd be the same as the Frontier. Now, that w/ narrow and a tech discount, is a purchase I might think about, when I return to work...

tam

V

VanIsleMommy

I like the way you think tam_shops!! :D

rear-facing
64–116 cm.
(25–46 in.)

6.4–20.5 kg.
(14–45 lbs.)

can hold head upright unassisted
(approx. 6 months)

forward-facing
76–124 cm.
(30–49 in.)

9.1–29.5 kg.
(20–65 lbs)

1 year and walking unassisted*

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
VanIsleMommy said:

rear-facing
64–116 cm.
(25–46 in.)

6.4–20.5 kg.
(14–45 lbs.)

can hold head upright unassisted
(approx. 6 months)

forward-facing
76–124 cm.
(30–49 in.)

9.1–29.5 kg.
(20–65 lbs)

1 year and walking unassisted*

Did you forget some decimal points hare?

tam_shops

Thank you, that's such a compliment, as I can annoy a lot of people! :eek:

I thought I'd read, that the RN and Foonf had similar harness height, but could be wrong. I always compare the harness height b/c my boys have a really long torso.

Frontier Highest Harness Height: 19.5 in.

Radian Highest Harness Height: 17.5 in.

Foonf Highest Harness Height: 17.5 in.
harness-slot height, 10.5–17.5” .

So, if it's the same as the RN and my oldest is on the top slot, as much as I want one, there isn't any kind of logic I can use to even justify it, unless I have another baby that is! LOL

tam

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The copy and paste info is wrong on the Foonf wherever it came from.

• Canadian minimum ff'ing weight limit is 22lbs.
  • Minimum age may be listed as old as 9months but that part isn't finalized in the manuals yet.
  • Measurable usable harness height is 17" if I remember correctly. So in terms of actual harness growing room it'll be about the same as the Radian.
  • Overall height limit on the seat will be 51" and most kids will fit it until being ready for a booster with the exception of kids who are really long in the body.

I think if you take an ease of install that will likely be similar to Britax, factor in the narrowness similar to Radian, and then the few unique features that the Foonf will have, it will definitely stand out on it's own and be a very strong competitor in the field. Plus it has a very smooth and easy to adjust harness.

Comparing the Radian and Foonf directly, I think in actual fit to the child the seats are going to be really similar so far as how long they last. In terms of fit to the vehicle and ease of use, I think the Foonf is going to come out way ahead.

V

VanIsleMommy

thanks! I knew the FF min was wrong but didn't realize the other min's were different as well. the info is copy/pasted from the foonf site.

if the harness height is the same as a radian I guess it won't really offer much more RF time after all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC