Clek Oobr in Honda CRV?

julia94115

Am contemplating this seat but after the (not so) lovely relationship I have had the past 3 years with our Radians in the 2007 CRV, I really can't handle another not-so-perfect seat.

Any issues that I should be aware of?

Thanks!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I don't know any particular issues with that car- just a few in general:

-poor leg support- some children do not like the lack of leg support. I supply my kids with a pillow rolled up under the feet to help when they use this seat and that fixes the problem for them.
-Shallow seat is uncomfortable for some kids, sometimes recline helps (can only be used in a LATCH position) and sometimes it doesn't. See also, leg support. Sometimes helps, sometimes doesn't.

It doesn't tend to have a lot of incompatibilities although if your buckles are very recessed, narrow-set, or your seats very scooped it may be more difficult to buckle. The recline means that in LATCH positions with fixed-forward-pointing headrests, you can just recline it and a gap is fine, because of the LATCH connectors and titanium-reinforced frame, when LATCH is in use, only the top OR the bottom needs be in contact with the vehicle seat, a gap, even a large one, is allowed. :)

Phineasmama

It fits amazing in the CR-V, with or without latch, never had a problem with it :) Super easy install, great fit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC