Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro

Citrine

***pictures of 8yr old in 3rd link****

PICTURES ADDED IN SECOND LINK

Okay I can not figure out for the life of me how to upload photos on here. So I did it through my kodak.com account. The only booster seat I have to compare it to is the Clek Oobr. This is a feather compared to the Oobr. I will take pictures with my kids in it tomorrow. I tried out the intended child for the seat. I felt the fit was excellent. This seat hugs her like I want it to. The material is mesh and super plush all around. It was stamped on the bottom with a manufacture date of March 8 2012. On the leg extention, when it is extended, there is an open space when it slides out. At a quick glace, it does not appeare they can be covered. I will look at the manual, have not done so yet. Enjoy and I hope this link works, it did work for me when I tried it.

http://pix.kg/p/815366665409%3A468604634/sct

My thoughts so far since I have had time to play with it for 30min. It is light weight compared to the Oobr. I would much rather switch the Cruiserfix between cars then Oobr. If I need to take the cover off of the Cruiserfix, that is easy to do, a few snaps and elastics to un-latch.Machine wash cold delicate cycle, air dry. I do not like all the mesh material on the Cruiserfix. The color material is fine and I would like to see more of that fabric. The head rest is very narrow and some kids may not like bc it is deep and right there, claustrophobic feeling. The shoulder rest goes up and out as it is raised.
The following measurements were taken in the house and not in the car. Belt guide measurements may differ since not installed in the car.
Oobr
highest belt guide 20.5in
lowest belt guide 14in
width of seating towards the back 12in, towards the front 14in
seat length (seating surface) 10in, it starts to curve at 11.5in
Head rest width 7.5in

Cruiserfix Pro
highest belt guide 19.5in
lowest belt guide 13in
width of seating towards the back 9in, towards the front 10in. The butt cushion curves outward and is not flat.
seat length (seating surface) 12.5in. All the way extended approximately 15.5in before it starts to curve down.
Head rest width 6.5in

Pictures were taken in 2009 Odyssey back seat passenger captain chair
The child pictured is the one getting the Kiddy. She is 40lb, torso 13.5in 45in tall, 5yr 7mo (stats taken after booster pictures)
i will get pictures of the 8 yr old later, she is on a playdate with a friend

http://pix.kg/p/570124765409:1431713470/sct

8year old, 61lb, 17in torso, 52.5. she told me she loved it. It is soft and she loves the leg support when extended. Even when not extended, its better then her oobr. Sadly, she is at the highest setting of the seat. But the seat is for lil sister anyways.
http://pix.kg/p/619775175409:268223918/sct

Last edited:
ADS

christineka

I'm looking forward to seeing it in a vehicle with a kid in it! I like the looks of this one better than the world plus. Can you measure the top belt guide, please?

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
can't wait to see more pictures, and since you can only compare to an oobr I'm super excited since those are the two seats I am considering!!!

firemomof3

OMG, I have been waiting for someone here to get one of these!!! When you get a chance could you please get a top belt guide measurement? I'm very anxious to see if its taller then the Parkway...that would be so sweet!
Thank you :sarcasitc-bow:

firemomof3

Great pics! Thank you so much for doing all those, they are perfect :D I like the look of it a lot but I am so dissapointed that its not taller

Citrine

I knew it was not the tallest booster out there. The child I got it for is not a fast grower like my first one.

Kat_Momof3

thoughts on the pics with the 5yr old model - LOVE the purple even more... your model is a beautiful child, and I'm impressed that the booster fits her so well with that torso measurement being so small (she must be leggy)

I also agree that she won't need the tallest booster on the block because she's clearly not super tall and doesn't have a long torso, so this should be a good pick for her (did I mention I LOVE the purple)

I love close deep headwings (henceforth me loving the OS parkway, the SK Monterey we had, the Vivo, the Probooster... my kids and I dig sleep support) they don't look too deep to prevent seeing and look nicely angled for bobbing heads

For leggy kids, I wish they would sell it backless and make it to convert to backless (I don't think it does, but please correct me if it does) for all those leggy kids.

emandbri

Thanks so much for the pictures! Looking forward to seeing pictures of the 8 year old since your 8 year old is the size of my 5 year old! lol

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The leg extends for older kids, long legged kids. Maybe they won't need the foot stool like with an Oobr.

Like my collection of Recaro Starts... except you don't have to have an engineering degree to figure out how to extend the legrest to fit kids from 9 months to 80 pounds and always have the perfect length for their legs to hang naturally so they won't scoot forward and make the lapbelt ride up :)

christineka

I love this seat! What's the top belt guide position? My kids don't need the tallest of the tall either, but I want decently tall.

christineka

19.5" for the top belt guide, so about the same as the Oobr

The oobr? I thought it went to 20-21 inches? I know the turbo is around 19-19.5 inches. Hmm. Good thing I don't need to buy any boosters right now. I'll keep it in mind when I do have to go booster shopping.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC