Angle Adjuster Rev B?

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I just got a new angle adjuster today. It's different from the one I already have! The surface is more porous rather than smooth. It also seems to be a different shade of black; less charcoal-like.

Did anybody know about this change?

ADS

Cryssy Jane

hmm nope didn't know. I do know that my AA that's been in use for a few months is already starting to fall apart.

eta: can you take pictures to show the differences?

christineka

Glad I didn't rush out and buy the first generation! I only didn't because I didn't get around to it. I really wanted one, though.

Cath3114

Interesting! Mine got delivered today. I wonder if it's the same. Did you order from Amazon? I haven't seen the original to compare it to, but I can post some pics tonight if nobody does before.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Yes, it's from Amazon.

I can take pictures but I'd have to uninstall the seat that's using the older-style one. Maybe if I just post pics of the new one, can someone else post pics of the old one?

lourdes

Cryssy Jane said:
hmm nope didn't know. I do know that my AA that's been in use for a few months is already starting to fall apart.

eta: can you take pictures to show the differences?

Mine is falling apart too, I just order a new one from amazon but hasn't arrived yet

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Ok, here's a picture of the new one:
web.jpg

It has more text on the front. For one thing it says it's been tested for colorfastness but they won't guarantee that it won't discolor some upholstery with prolonged use.

Instead of the soft, suedy kind of feel this feels a little more porous, kind of like the texture of a pool noodle.

Sorry I haven't had time to grab my old one for a side-by-side comparison. My daughter is refusing naps today.

thepote

I just got one, too. I figured the wording about the colorfastness was new since it didn't come up when people were discussing the seats being damaged. I hadn't seen the old one in person so I was trying to figure out how the heck that thing could rub color off.

Yeah, it's a bunch of layers of hard pool noodle material. The side view is a lot of layers fused together.

tam_shops

Wonder if we complain if Diono will send us a new one for free? Mine is good so far, but I only just go it, so it's interesting (and impressive) that they've already made changes to them...

tam

Cryssy Jane

tam_shops said:
Wonder if we complain if Diono will send us a new one for free? Mine is good so far, but I only just go it, so it's interesting (and impressive) that they've already made changes to them...

tam

Mine has chunks missing from the edges and where the seat sits :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I had two of the original ones also. I ended up selling my 2nd one (which I hadn't used yet) to someone who needed it - it's kind of optional in my Civic so I could live without it long enough to replace it. Now I'm kinda glad... I don't know that this one will be better, necessarily but if I hadn't done that I would't have known. :)

I ended up buying a Diono Ultramat to go under my Radian and AA in the Suburban because I didn't want the AA to rub off on the leather.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Interesting that you posted this. I really hope they will replace the old ones. Mine is a few months old (maybe 3 or 4?) and I was taking DD's seat out to clean today and noticed a chunk or two missing and it's quite compressed where the seat sits on it.

HaileysMommy

I only used one for a few weld before I sold out radians but dd was able to catch her heel on mine and take a chunk out of it :( This new one sounds sturdier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC