Tell me about bubble bum for new 5 yo

gigi

My kid turned 5 last week is 43" and probably 42 pounds with a 16" torso. He is outgrowing his small RSTV and I need something for very quick cab/friend rides. I don't think the large RSTV will fit him (he has a SKINNY waist and still uses the small RSTV on smallest waist setting), so I was thinking the bubble bum would be our next portable step.

Does it give a good belt fit for small booster riders in a variety of vehicles? Especially vehicles with big, deep squishy seats?

What should I know about using it?

I know he will sit properly for this type of short ride.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yep. Lap belt fit is almost universally great, shoulder belt adjuster is included if needed.

gigi

I wanted to just add a disclaimer that this child is still harnessed and will be until he stops sleeping like a lump of mush in the car :) This is JUST for supervised cab rides sitting right next to me.

Thanks for the help, ladies!!!

hrice

I want to add my experience with the Bubble Bum. It is quite difficult to thread the belt into the guides which must be done on the buckle side each time your child gets in and out unless you leave it buckled and have them slide under. I recently purchased it for my almost 11 year old, and while it makes my 3 accross(es) SO much easier, he asked me yesterday if he could use a different booster because it is a pain.

I am not telling you don't buy it. It is a great booster and provides a great fit. Just, like every seat, it has it's downfalls.

gigi

I can see how that would be annoying for regular use, but in my case (cab rides), it isn't a big issue for me. I find the RSTV super annoying to use for similar reasons, but it is better than lugging a car seat around Manhattan LOL. I would probably never take an RSTV on vacation though...to annoying to use and uncomfortable for my son. I might feel the same about the Bubble Bum but in the meantime I have the Maestro for vacations. Thanks so much for that first hand user info!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC