Pics of the Safety 1st Guide 65 Sport (from walmart)

lovemybabies924

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

my 6 year old who is on the second or third to last click on the fr85 ( i cant remember) is dead even with the top slot un installed.

my 4.5 year old who will be 5 in august. would fit on the second to last slot but i put it on the top slot. (hes in a 06 pilot..the seat is pressed against the door really hard when you close the door so its not gonna work outboard)
IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

pink back seat of my moms pilot! too bad it cant stay like that haha
IMG_0008.jpg

ADS

wnkw

What are your kids measurements? I need to measure DD. She'll be 5 in September. Im trying to not have to buy another frontier85, as much as I really want to. Not ready for a booster in the grandparent vehicles yet. The crotch strap does look really short, and she has chunky thighs. DD weighs 49 lbs, but has been 52. Not sure of I should even consider this or the Nautilus.. (rambling..sorry)

BabyKaykes

The XRS in better clothing! Cute.

The crotch strap is short. My 6yo fits in it RF but it was quite a pain to buckle.

Spam

How narrow is it? I know it's meant to fit 3 across, for some reason I was thinking it was short. It also comes in purple.

lovemybabies924

wnoelw said:
What are your kids measurements? I need to measure DD. She'll be 5 in September. Im trying to not have to buy another frontier85, as much as I really want to. Not ready for a booster in the grandparent vehicles yet. The crotch strap does look really short, and she has chunky thighs. DD weighs 49 lbs, but has been 52. Not sure of I should even consider this or the Nautilus.. (rambling..sorry)

My daughter in the pic is 60lbs and her thighs were too chunky for the tfp (and she was over the harness installed)

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

lovemybabies924

Spam said:
How narrow is it? I know it's meant to fit 3 across, for some reason I was thinking it was short. It also comes in purple.

No way it's good for three across in most cars IMO...it's too wide for outboard in a Honda pilot next to a rf scenera... I can close the door but it pushes in the side of the guide65 and would lead to stress marks

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

lovemybabies924

Ok my dd has a 16.5" torso with her legs out straight and 17" cross cross apple sauce. She's 47.5" tall, 6 years as of jan 9.

My 16m old has an 11.5" torso about 30" tall (gonna re-measure her when she is NOT screaming)

ds2 almost 5, 14" torso 40.5" tall

Adding pics

a879358f.jpg

5293c5ee.jpg

fa63fe66.jpg

bottom slot and head rest position
ea6bf1fd.jpg

crotch strap is 4.25" long..here it is compared to a radian crotch strap (that fit and the buckle tongs fit..to bad its not approved)
cd4c8435.jpg

does NOT fit in a three across w/two radian....how is it gonna fit with two more of the same seat? 3rd row honda odyssey
b25e5afb.jpg

26f173a6.jpg

my olli fits tho!
d6b4d4a1.jpg

and my van right now :)
7da78dc5.jpg

Last edited:

ericarizo

lovemybabies924 said:
Ok my dd has a 16.5" torso with her legs out straight and 17" cross cross apple sauce. She's 47.5" tall, 6 years as of jan 9.

My 16m old has an 11.5" torso about 30" tall

Adding pics

Santiago's torso is 11.5 at 28mo's and I have been told that's long. I don't understand how she can fit in seats RF that he has almost outgrown.

tiggercat

ericarizo said:
Santiago's torso is 11.5 at 28mo's and I have been told that's long. I don't understand how she can fit in seats RF that he has almost outgrown.

11.5 is a very short torso height for a 28m old, IMO. My daughter had a 10 inch torso at birth... My 2.5 yr old has a 15 or 16 inch torso (I haven't measured in a few months but he us above the 4th slot RF on a RXT.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

java

My DD is very tiny....19lbs 30.5 inches tall and 2 next month. She has an 11-11.5 inch torso....so an older kid with that short of a torso would be a short torso IMO as well.

Thank you so much for all the pics OP!! I have really been considering this seat but not now...now that I see how it fits next to a radian!

Kat_Momof3

I know it's a 3rd row... I'm sure in the 2nd row, you could get 3 across, but even in the honda odyssey (and even in older models where that 8th seat is teeny) that's not the hardest thing to do with other seats.

HMMM... I like it in basic seat respects, just not in the 3-across way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC