Question What seat?

lovemybabies924

I picked up a guide 65 today at walmart and he (ds2, 39lbs will be 5 in august) has one more harness height above the one he needs but I put it on the top anyway, he has way more harness height on the maestro so I'm wondering if it would be better to get a maestro for him even tho he's the only kid who can use it. I do have another convertible in the car (my moms pilot) for dd2. I am tempted to get him a turbo since he's almost 5 and he's only in this car 1x a week if that for 5min but I figured if he's not ready to be bolstered in my car then not grandmas either. Pink is the guide65.. Lol

Last edited:
ADS

cookie123

I would get the Maestro. I haven't really heard much about the Guide, but I'm pretty sure the top slots are higher on the Maestro, so assuming that's true, I'd go with that over the Guide.

lovemybabies924

maestro has one inch more :)

here is my 6.4 year old..shes on the second to last click or so on the fr85..shes dead even w/the slots un installed :)
IMG_0022.jpg

i wish the head wings had more SIP what do u think?

Last edited:
lovemybabies924 said:
i wish the head wings had more SIP what do u think?

I agree, they look shallow. I pulled the cover off the display at Walmart for a minute to see what the head piece looked like and it has what seemed like a good amount of SIP, but the where the back of the child's head rests has so much padding I find it looks like it would push their head out too far and kind of negate a lot of the SIP.

Kayden - 2.5 RF BLVD 65 & RF Truefit Layla- 6 FF BLVD 65 CS & HBTB

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC