CCO vs. TFP

Chely7425

Tried Fat Baby out in a few convertibles to see what I'm going to switch him to once we move him out of the KF...

CCO with infant insert was a big no from Fat Baby:
543192_2711274361080_1833520926_1536846_900458342_n.jpg

All smiles once we took it out but he is SO short and compact that the crotch buckle is gigantor and the buckle tongs and hip straps left red marks on him after only being in there like a minute, plus the buckles sit right under his rib cage which I don't know that I like:
530173_2711259040697_1833520926_1536841_932939929_n.jpg

Then we tried the TFP which I had doubts about since the fit is horrible on Favis still but... to my shock... voila!! a perfect fit!!
62680_2711258120674_1833520926_1536840_20603681_n.jpg

ADS

Phineasmama

Awe cute!!! We have the same TFP cover. I am having issues with trying to figure out a good fit in it for MY fat baby but she is a little bigger. I'm glad it fits though, I really like the infant inset on the TF!

Blondie87

Why don't you do a Boulevard for him so he can match Favis? Or do you have to have different seats? lol

Chely7425

Why don't you do a Boulevard for him so he can match Favis? Or do you have to have different seats? lol

I own these 2.. no point buying another. Plus I have an RXT right now and a Foonf on preorder. I also don't think a BV would be as good a fit on Fat Baby because he is so squat, I think would be more squished.

Blondie87

Ah.. gotcha. Didn't realize you owned them both for some reason, even tho you can tell they are in your house. Those are like, the 2 car seats I don't like, so I can't give much input. He looks adorable as always tho! :)

babyherder

Cute baby! I think the fit in the true fit is better. The crotch buckle just looks so huge and badly placed on the CCO

cookie123

Is the crotch strap just really long on the CCO?

T4 is adorable. But not fat.:) You're going to give the boy a complex.

Chely7425

cookie123 said:
Is the crotch strap just really long on the CCO?

T4 is adorable. But not fat.:) You're going to give the boy a complex.

I don't know... I used this seat with tiny favis no problem? Different kids though

Keeanh

Yeah, the crotch strap is kinda long on the CCO once you take the insert out. It's up pretty high on Berker, and she's 21mo, LOL! I think Fat Baby is going to catch up to her. She's still only 20lbs.

ETA: pic from about a month ago:

536861_288531034567482_100002317632823_638338_954185341_n.jpg

Last edited:

Keeanh

Yeah that's about how it fits favis still too :)

Twin midgets. Yeah, it's not on her ribcage or anything, but still over her bellybutton. I wouldn't use a FF harness that fit like that. The hip straps are around her waist. I notice when I buckle because if I do the chest clip first, I can hardly get my thumb in between the chest clip & the buckle tongues to push down.

Chely7425

Twin midgets. Yeah, it's not on her ribcage or anything, but still over her bellybutton. I wouldn't use a FF harness that fit like that. The hip straps are around her waist. I notice when I buckle because if I do the chest clip first, I can hardly get my thumb in between the chest clip & the buckle tongues to push down.

Yeah, I've noticed that too :) It will make a better spare seat than the TFP anyway.. I don't want to deal wtih moving that thing around!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC