Question 1994 Saturn S1-4 door

autumnlily

I am trying to help trouble shoot install issues for a friend.

In the vehicle the middle seat belt path is super wide and the buckle stem is super long, making it difficult to install seats.

I'm not sure yet if the stalk is rigid or flexible or if they tried to twist the stalk down yet. Anyone have any seat or install suggestions for this vehicle. Both infant and rear facing convertible recs appreciated. Also, they really want center install.

ADS

CWolvie

CPS Technician
It is a flexible belt stalk. The Radian/Diono did not fit at all! It's a lap belt only with a big buckle and the buckle hits right at the belt path so it was impossible to tighten down enough to prevent huge side to side swings. Any suggestions welcome.

Jessica61624

CWolvie said:
It is a flexible belt stalk. The Radian/Diono did not fit at all! It's a lap belt only with a big buckle and the buckle hits right at the belt path so it was impossible to tighten down enough to prevent huge side to side swings. Any suggestions welcome.

It's not possible to get the buckle in the belt path?

CWolvie

CPS Technician
No :( I tried that too. It's just short enough that it sits right on the edge. I got a B-Safe to work with some elbow grease and the lock-offs but the mom was wondering about convertible options and the Diono and Boulevard (what we had to try) were both no-gos.

autumnlily

I was going to ask the same question.

In the instance of the radian it is okay to have the buckle in the belt path as long as it is completely flat in there. You might even have to leave the stalk untwisted so that it can fit further in the path.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC