Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Disney Stroller Suggestions

Any suggestions? I've considered renting a BJCM double. If I can find something for a decent price we'll buy, but want to work it into budget now. DD1 will be barely 5 and pushing 50 lbs. DD2 will be 3-4 months max. Single and double suggestions please
    Rayleigh - 9/07 - Frontier 85

Reese - 7/12 - RF Britax Boulevard

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Disney Stroller Suggestions

We took a BJCMD to Disney with DD almost 4, DS 7.5 and our friends kids 6, 7.5, and 9. Everyone took turns in it and it was awesome. If there wasn't a kid in one of the seats that was where the backpack sat.

CPS Technician xursusmaritimusx's Avatar

we went in march. my dd was 5 and my ds was 5 mo. i took my single peg perego p3. i wore ds a lot and dd walked a lot.

my dd was 50lbs and 43" and still fit comfortably in the stroller so she could take a rest, or hop a ride on the back.... maybe you can find one on craigslist for a decent price.

it was also still easy to push even loaded up with all our gear.

We went for Ian's 2nd birthday. Mia was 5 then and she walked the whole time no issues.
    I had a Peg Perego P3 and it worked easily.

We stayed in Fort Wilderness and took the ferry back and forth to the parks. I didn't even have to fold the stroller on the boat which was nice when Ian was sleeping.
    Lysandra
    CPST, LLLL and SAHM
    Mia 13, Ian 10, Clek Olli x2, TB and BubbleBum

Just thought I'd mention that I saw a link on babies r us website that they have rentals of all types of kids gear available in Orlando. Go check it out. Several levels of strollers (from bru umbrellas to BOBs) and tons of other neat stuff.

ETA: That's if you're going to World vs Land or whatever.
    Mommy to
    Jackson January 2010

McKinley September 2012

Thanks. We have a maclaren volo and combi. Volo has no storage and I hate the combi. I also have a b-ready, but don't want to take that. Im thinking Il probably rent a bjcmd.
    Rayleigh - 9/07 - Frontier 85

Reese - 7/12 - RF Britax Boulevard

Carseat Crazy
    We rented from kingdom strollers, went with the Bob Duallie over the City Mini Kids were 7, 3, and 8 months. It worked fabulous for all three kids. At some point during the week all three even napped in it. With the recline and the huge hood I could make it pretty quiet and dark which was really nice for my youngest.
    Don't think we will ever travel with our stroller again, too easy to not have to deal in airports or gate check.

We've been twice and took mac both times, we stayed on site and the macs were great for the buses! I missed having a nice basket (used to a mountian buggy) but I took a backpack and put it on the back of the stroller or wore it.

First time Jacob was 5 and Daniel 3. Jacob didn't ride much by that point, still the plan was to have the kids share it but I ended up spraining my ankle the first day and when Jacob got tired he sat on my lap in the wheelchair.

Second time Benjamin was 6 and Elizabeth 3. I bought a mac techno off craigslist since Benjamin was over the weight limit of the mac I had. They took turns in it, only once did they both fall asleep and we had to take turns carrying Elizabeth from the bus stop to the hotel room.

Have fun!

Emily tech and mom to Jacob 16, Daniel 13, Benjamin 9, Elizabeth 6. Child care provider to 4 other kiddos.

We just went a couple of weeks ago. I took my single BOB and it was awesome. Storage is horrible, so I bought a big stroller clip and clipped a backpack to the handle. The big hood is the greatest. We actually use it instead of a wheelchair for our daughter so we were able to take it everywhere (in the restaurants).
    A tip: I found the meals to be disgusting, and I LOVE eating out. Next time I'm packing obj sandwiches or something. Funnel cakes were awesome, and eating at the T-Rex place was fun (again not great tasting).
    Have so much fun!!!!! We want to go back next year!