Question Southwest Airlines+Britax Boulevard?

iiicrazycats

I am posting for a friend who is travelling NH to CA via Southwest with her 1yr old in a couple of weeks. She bought him a seat of his own (yay!) and has an extra Boulevard to bring along on the trip. The Boulevard manual says it's FAA approved but the Southwest website seat measurements are making my friend worried that it won't fit even with the armrests up (do they go up on Southwest?). Anyway, has anyone on the forum had experience flying Southwest with a Boulevard? I have a Radian 65 she could use but I'm not sure how much narrower it is. It's certainly heavy for lugging through the airport and I worry about her getting a good install in the rental once they are in CA (since she wouldn't have experience with the Radian and they are notoriously tricky to get a good fit).

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
You'll more than likely need to flip up the armrest, but otherwise it'll fit fine. It'll even fit rear facing if the person sitting in front of her would rather not be able to recline their seat than having a 1 year old kick the back of their seat for the whole flight. :)

Ask for a seat belt extender though, the airline seat belt will be in a place that it's VERY difficult to get undone once it's tight otherwise.

Good for her for buying a seat for a child who could ride as a lap child - it's absolutely the safest way for the baby AND the car seat to travel!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC