Why does this looks so weird?

TyAndCheyMommy

I am curious on why this seat looks so weird. Is that thing supposed to be on harness like that??
Carseat-1.jpg

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
We used it as a bus seat for one of my boys on their special ed bus. It was a great seat, and was pretty easy to use.

kater-tot82

We had one for my now 9yo when she was 3yo. It wasn't my favorite seat but I didn't have any issues using it or tightening the harness.

henrietta

My only wonder or concern is why that tiny child is sitting forward facing....

but yes, that's a Chase, that's the harness adjuster right on the harness, and yes, it's a continuous loop.

henrietta

Shaunam

We had a chase when DS was little and I LOVED that adjuster! It also keeps kids from sliding the chest clip down and escaping, not that DS ever did that. My only issue with it is that every other person besides myself could not figure the adjuster out. :thumbsdown: There was a more recent seat that had adjusters like that but one on each side. I can't remember the name of the seat and it's not on target.com anymore.

Stelvis

Shaunam said:
We had a chase when DS was little and I LOVED that adjuster! It also keeps kids from sliding the chest clip down and escaping, not that DS ever did that. My only issue with it is that every other person besides myself could not figure the adjuster out. :thumbsdown: There was a more recent seat that had adjusters like that but one on each side. I can't remember the name of the seat and it's not on target.com anymore.

The GoHybrid has adjusters on each side like that.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member

Trendz Eurosport 3-in-1 (first link I found)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The short-lived BabyTrend combo is probably the one you're thinking of.

I had an Evenflo Express that had a harness adjuster like that, and I LOVED it. It was my favorite carseat from when I started watching the kids in '03 until it expired in '09. Coincidentally, it expired literally just as I found c-s.o and I wondered if I would have loved it as much if it was in use with all of my "fancy" seats, lol!

Keeanh

The adjuster on the express was fine until you had a bigger kid in it. Then it pushed the chest clip too high. Or at least my 01(?) seat did.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Yes, it's a continuous loop harness.

I have used the Chase for babysat children from time to time and I absolutely HATE that harness adjuster. It took me forever to figure out how to tighten that damn thing. Once you figure it out, it's doable, but I still find it to be a PITA. I must have some kind of strange obsessive compulsive problem with it because it actually sets my nerves on edge to tighten the harness from one side and pull the harness through all lopsided like that. I have a little of the same problem with all continuous harness systems, but that one is the worst. Must. Tighten. Both. Sides. At. Same. Time. AAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!

NVMBR02

I am another one that LOVED that adjuster. It and my front adjust infant seats have been the only ones I have been able to easily adjust the harness every time I took the child in and out. Ours is expired now, not that I have any kids that could use it currently.

momtoo3

The adjuster on the express was fine until you had a bigger kid in it. Then it pushed the chest clip too high. Or at least my 01(?) seat did.

This was my experience too. I liked everything else about the seat. My 4 yr old nephew (he's tiny) is in ours still but it is about to expire or it might have expired at the end of December. I have to check since it's in my BIL's car and I don't go in his car very often. They have never had any problems with the adjuster until recently. Now the chest clip is a little high on him too and he is complaining. I am getting him a booster as an early birthday present at the beginning of June. He will be 5 in July and is in a backless in his mom's car. I just have to decide which seat.

Kat_Momof3

score another love for that adjuster... it was so easy and yet so hard for sneaky kids to loosen on their own...

the issue for that kid is that it looks like the harness is coming from too low or that that soft headrest is in the way... combined with a chest clip that should be a bit higher.

henrietta said:
My only wonder or concern is why that tiny child is sitting forward facing....

henrietta

Read my mind! Makes me sad.
I used one of these for about a month or so, and didn't have any issues with the harness! (although it looks hilarious with the huge tail hanging off it.)

Kayden - 2.5 RF BLVD 65 & RF Truefit Layla- 6 FF BLVD 65 CS & HBTB

skylinphoto said:
The baby trend trendz sport seat also has adjusters like that on both sides.

Am I loosing my mind or is that the one with the alarm on the crotch buckle? I was in the States last year and saw one in target that nearly gave me a heart attack when I unbuckled it and it started beeping at me!

Kayden - 2.5 RF BLVD 65 & RF Truefit Layla- 6 FF BLVD 65 CS & HBTB

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC