Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Britax Marathon Classic

We just got our 4yr old a Frontier and are passing the Marathon classic to his brother, he's almost 10mo old. There is alot of space around the baby's head in the marathon. He will be RFng but I wish they included the headwings for this seat. Is there an accessory I can buy to add more cushion? Thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician xursusmaritimusx's Avatar

Re: Britax Marathon Classic

nothing you can add except for some rolled up receiving blankets

like this... (borrowed from a post on the board from a few years ago)

I guess you could always buy a classic Boulevard cover and use it on the marathon, then it would have some extra head padding. But honestly as long as the Marathon is reclined enough my kiddos have always been totally comfortable sleeping in it

Thanks for your replies. I was more worried about the safety in the event of a crash. I know its probably silly since our other child has been using it since he was 1, but when I saw the headwings on the Frontier I couldn't help but wonder why that extra support wasnt there in the marathon. I'll have to look into the boulevard cover.

A Boulevard cover won't work on the Marathon. The Boulevard's cover is designed to fit its headwings and its no-rethread harness and so it won't work on the Marathon.
    DD (9 years old) & DS (6.5 years old)

Quote Originally Posted by bree View Post
    A Boulevard cover won't work on the Marathon. The Boulevard's cover is designed to fit its headwings and its no-rethread harness and so it won't work on the Marathon.
    Thanks for letting me know.

Amie, do you know if that's a European seat? The buckle looks funny. And, so does the chest clip.

tam

Nope that is just an older britax. I had one just like that at least 6 years ago that expired then.

10. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by bree
    It fits on there you just thread the harness through and use the head wing covers as extra padding. I've done it.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobsmommy View Post
    Thanks for your replies. I was more worried about the safety in the event of a crash. I know its probably silly since our other child has been using it since he was 1, but when I saw the headwings on the Frontier I couldn't help but wonder why that extra support wasnt there in the marathon. I'll have to look into the boulevard cover.
    Don't worry about safety, as long as your 1yo is rear facing he will be extremely safe in the event of a crash!

Quote Originally Posted by Phineasmama View Post
    It fits on there you just thread the harness through and use the head wing covers as extra padding. I've done it.
    Hmm.. Would this be the Boulevard 70? Which cover did you use?