Destroying a Radian...

lourdes

So I am getting a replacement seat from Diono, they requested that I destroy the damage car seat and send them pictures of the destroy car seat, but I don't know how to do it, I know I have to cut the harness but other than that??? What am I suppose to do with it?

ADS

cmcki737

Dismantle it anyway you can...I have seen stories on here where people have had fun with it just make sure it is not able to be repaired and used again.

arly1983

You have to post those pics here!!

I have seen people use a magic marker to write "danger" "do not use" etc as well.

lourdes

I was able to recycle an expire Scenera but since the Radian have metal bars inside and so many parts....

jacqui276

I had to destroy some car seats today that were in a car accident and send photos to the insurance company of the person that hit us. I cut the straps into about 15 different pieces and wrote all over them saying do not use, in car accident, etc. I also pulled apart whatever pieces I easily could. It apparently was sufficient since my cheque for the replacement seats in now in the mail.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Saws-all. It's the end for all expired and crashed seats in our neck of the woods.

DH did the Radian when it was crashed in Dec. He said it was work, even with the Saws-all. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC