Suggestions for Convertible seats to fit 4 car seats in minivan

Momof4girl

HELP: Suggestions for Convertible seats to fit 4 car seats in minivan

I used this forum when my twins were born to figure out seating arrangements and it was extremely helpful. My twin girls will be outgrowing their infant seats soon and we will need to purchasechew seats. I would love some suggestions for seats to purchase. I have been playing with scenarios in my mind for months.

Currently I have the twins in the second row Captain's Chairs and my almost 3yo and 5yo in the third row. My older girls duck beneath the infant seats to get to the third row, but I'm not sure this will work with convertible seats in the second row. My older girls will both be in school/preschool next year so I would like to have easier access to them so I can use teacher assistance in the car pool lane. Also, my 3yo is still RF but I'm guessing she will hit the height limit on her seat within the next few months.

Has anyone successfully got three across in the third row of a 2010 VW Routan or similar van? We were thinking of putting the twins and my 5yo in the third row, removing one of the Captains chairs and putting my 3yo in the second row (where she may be able to remain RF)?

Or, 2 seats in the 60 part of the third row split so we can fold the 40 part down for easier access for the older girls?

We currently have a Evenflo Triumph and Radian 65 in the van. My husband has a Evenflo Maestro and Evenflo Truimph in his car I could use also. I know we will need to buy at least 2 more seats. My older daughter is just under 40 pounds and my 3yo is just under 30 pounds. I'm willing to buy any combination of convertibles and/or combinations seats that may work.

Sorry for the long message and thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Re: HELP: Suggestions for Convertible seats to fit 4 car seats in minivan

Hi, just bumping this for you. Have you searched the three across thread? The Routan is very similar to a Town and Country or Grand Caravan (which are twins), I believe...

Momof4girl

Thank you!

I did look at that thread. I got a couple ideas. I will need at least 2, possibly 3, RF and 1 FF harness. Most had more FF and boosters.

EmmaGrace'sMom

You could put the twins in the third row and the older kids in captains chairs.

Or you could put one twin in the third row, one in a captains chair. I would put the Radian FF on the other captains chair, it will be easy to go by. This would allow you to use your current seats.

kam1011

If, at least, the 5yo was in one captain's chair with the RFers wherever, they could both get in on that side and walk around.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC