Outgrown HBTB. Now what?

cookie123

Hannah has outgrown the TB. By quite a bit, too. I did look at her the other day in her Monterey, and the shoulder guide is still above her shoulder. But this is my seat in my car and I'm not going to get another high back booster. She's 9.5, and I'm okay with that. She rides with me so infrequently. So, what no back booster should I get? I really wanted the Clek, because of latch and the fact that it's not just a cheap piece of fabric on plastic, but they're very shallow and that seems uncomfortable to me.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Just take the back off the Turbo?

Or is a width issue? Do you want LATCH? For occasional use, I'd probably get some sort of Harmony- Cruz or Olympian for an older kid.

mominabigtruck

My older kids moved to the cruz after they outgrew the tb. I think it has alot more seat depth and the sides aren't as confining than the tb or the literider.
Posted via Mobile Device

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I agree to just use the TB backless... unles she has outgrown it widthwise as well, in which case, secure comfort all the way.

cookie123

I COULD just take the back off, but that's no fun. And I actually had to so I could take her that day! I'm ready to move on. I'm going to pass it on. A friend needs to start training her 6 year old!

kater-tot82

My 9yo's favorite backless boosters are (in order of preference):
Harmony Cruz
Evenflo Amp (this one doesn't work well in our cars so its a spare, but she likes that its easy to buckle and she says its comfortable)
Backless Turbo
Harmony LiteRider and Cosco Top Side
Cosco High Rise

Those are the ones she has tried anyway :)

kater-tot82

My DD tried her Monterey backless (she has liked the Monterey all along, she just wants a backless booster now)...I guess it was fine but it didn't work backless where we wanted it, the back part of it was too wide for the contours of the seatback, so there was a 1-2 inch gap instead of it being flush with the vehicle seat back (we ran into this same issue with the Amp). The belt fit would have been fine though.

I don't want to pay $60 for a backless booster though...especially when there are $20 options that work better for us :). Have her try the Monterey backless if you want to get a feel for the Santa Fe.

cookie123

Good idea. I should see if it fits. The seats are a bit contoured, so that is a consideration. And I have Brett's Monterey here. Are they exactly the same?

NVMBR02

FWIW, DD1 is leggy and she prefers her Olli over using the Monterey backless. Her order of preference is the Olli, Monterey (backless), literider, backless turbo and then the AMP. She says the AMP hurts her bum.

I'd like to try her in a cruz too, since a lot of kids seem to prefer it to the literider and I would like to have at least one more backless around since I will be transporting girls from dd's girl scout troop this summer and I know most don't ride in boosters normally.

cookie123

Well, I picked up a Harmony Secure Ride at TrUS today on clearance for $15. So hopefully it will work out. Is that the same as the Olympian?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC