maxi cosi rodi xr

christineka

Has anyone (other than Darren for his blog post) ever actually used, touched, seen, or tried out the rodi xr? It looks neat, gets a "best bet" rating on the iihs booster fit list, and I'm no longer against any booster that requires vehicle head support.

ADS

firemomof3

I'm curious about this booster too. I don't know her screen name but she is from NY and has twins (boy & a girl) around 7y/o. Hopefully she'll chime in because I'm pretty sure she has 2 Rodi boosters

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I know I did a search for "rodi" earlier and found photos from TwinMom. I'm on the app now so I can't link

creideamh

I had the regular one (not the XR.) It was great for 3 across (I can't use the TB or Evenflo ones in my car for 3 across if that tells you something.) S seemed to like it. I knew it required head support so left the headrest in, and the booster didn't get pushed forward... but I don't have those super pointy headrests.

twinsmom

:happy-wavehello:
Yes, I have 2. I like them a lot and so do the kids. I just switched to Montereys for their main seats (because of the latch), and the Rodis are in DH's car. They fit the kids very, very well. I have pics somewhere if you're interested. The seat-portion of it (where they sit) does not feel as padded to me as the Monterey, but the kids never complained. They come in some really nice colors too!:p

ETA:
Here's a link to the thread I posted 2 years ago, checking the fit of this seat (and a Vivo). The kids stats at that time are in the thread. I can take current pics of the kids if you are interested. They are now almost 7, and are each approx. 50" and 50lbs.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=122646&highlight=booster

twinsmom

Here are a few pics I happen to have on hand. I took them awhile back for someone here who was interested in the color of the green one, so the pics are more to show the color than the seat itself, but it gives you an idea....

_DSC6224-5.jpg

_DSC6220-3.jpg

_DSC6219-2.jpg

_DSC6217-1.jpg

PikkuMyy

I really like the look of the maxi cosi rodi xr! My son would love the green but it seems that they no longer make it in that color. :(

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Doing a Google Image search, there are a LOT of cool color choices. Man! I would kill for a green one, I think. Or this guy:

rodi.jpg

OMG is all i have to say about that.

Phineasmama

Doing a Google Image search, there are a LOT of cool color choices. Man! I would kill for a green one, I think. Or this guy:

rodi.jpg

OMG is all i have to say about that.

Is that one available in the US?? That is so cute!!

Twinsmom I would love to see updated pics of your kids in the seat :D

PikkuMyy

Looks like this site has them:

http://www.nybabystore.com/c-293-car-seats-by-maxi-cosi.aspx

The website says they're in stock. They have the green (Citro Rush), and the pink that my DD has (Chili Pepper), and a few others. They ship to NY (you're in Buffalo?)

Ohhh, so tempting! I need to find a way to justify the price to myself though. haha I was planning on getting a Probooster but I really like the look of the Rodi XR. There's quite a price difference though! Does the Rodi tether? I was reading the description on that website and it said "extra stable thanks to anchorage point in headrest."

Yup, I'm in Buffalo. The city that is greatly lacking in child passenger safety. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC