Question britax seat expired?

cmcki737

My friend was using a Graco Safe Seat that only allowed forward facing from when her daughter was 10 months old but when her older daughter transitioned to a booster she turned her younger daughter rearfacing again in the older daughter marathon. I'm very happy that the younger child is rear facing again but I really think the MA is expired :-/ does anyone know if the MA with the dog bone pattern in beige is expired? I want to make sure I am right before saying anything bc the little one will most likely be FFing again if it is expired as I doubt she will buy another seat.

ADS

cmcki737

Judi said:
Does it have a square chest clip?

I don't know I only got a quick peek at it. She is not very open about her car seat usage and actually only talked to me about it when she wanted to know if an MA could be installed RFing, apparently she got it second hand and it has no stickers :(

crunchierthanthou

You can get a good idea by the shape and color of the ff lock-offs.

Red = all expired
Black (but same style as the red) = either expired, or maybe 6-8 months left.
Black (but the knob style that rotates) = not expired, but some of the first will start to expire within the next year.

cmcki737

crunchierthanthou said:
You can get a good idea by the shape and color of the ff lock-offs.

Red = all expired
Black (but same style as the red) = either expired, or maybe about 6-8 months left.
Black (but the knob style that rotates) = not expired, but some of the first will start to expire within the next year.

I'll see if I can sneak a good look when we go down for her holiday picnic this May.

vonfirmath

My friend was using a Graco Safe Seat that only allowed forward facing from when her daughter was 10 months old but when her older daughter transitioned to a booster she turned her younger daughter rearfacing again in the older daughter marathon.

?? The Safeseat is a infant car seat -- rearfacing only.

cmcki737

Thank you guys for the responses. I have never had a Britax seat so I don't know where to look for dates. We where just texting today about the picnic and mentioned how happy she was about selling the Safe Seat to a neighbor so hopefully I can convince her to buy another RF'ing seat if the MA is expired. Maybe she'll be more open with this stuff if I help her find a replacement in her price range.

Maybe try to find someone on here in your area that can give a good deal on a barely used seat for her?? I know this car seat swap here has some GREAT deals!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC