Well, now what? Booster related.

dhardawa

I was dead set on getting my son a Clek Oobr but decided to try one before I spent $300 on a booster. Glad I did! He didn't fit well in it at all and kept trying to slide forward and hiking his shoulders up. I have an SGL here now, but he can't buckle himself because the armrests are so low and by the time I buckle him and do the SG part, it takes longer than a 5 point restraint. My requirements are that it needs LATCH, high back, and not Sunshine Kids. What are my options?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

When are the Orbit and Peg boosters supposed to be out? I think they both had LATCH capabilities. I haven't heard much since last fall, though.

Kat_Momof3

get the peg perego... it looks really good and I'm dying to see a review for it even though, much like the clek, it is WAY out of my budget and I won't have one... but I can oggle and live vicariously through everyone here :D

christineka

Hmm. The orbit booster looks similar to the old style parkway with added arm rests. I love the colors. I will be watching for this booster to come out and then on sale!

skylinphoto

What about the kiddy cruiserfix pro? It just came out (check amazon or wayfair) and has rigid latch. Not sure about the armrests and all that.

emandbri

I e-mailed orbit and they said "Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have a specific release date for the booster seat," and at first she gave me the info for the toddler seat which doesn't give me high hopes it will be out soon.

I would move Elizabeth to a booster if there was one I liked. My requirements are latch and tan or green. I'm out of the loop, the peg and the kiddy cruiserfix pro look like it would fit the bill but man the orbit ones are cute.

Does anyone know if the peg and the kiddy cruiserfix require buckling in when not in use? That is why I ruled out the cybex.

I wonder which one would be easier to buckle when next to another seat?

Last edited:

emandbri

I found this picture on the italian peg site, this child is small but the lap belt is really high. Off to try to find more pictures of children in the seat.

Attachments

• PHGAL_00000321_PHOTO_00000229.jpg
    PHGAL_00000321_PHOTO_00000229.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 32

dhardawa

I will definitely watch for the Peg seat. That looks nice. After the Oobr issue, I'd like to sit him in it before I buy one, especially at almost $200! It is wide through the shoulders which is something he needs.

Kat_Momof3

omg... dana... how did Max get to be 5! I remember on the other forum when you first got him as a foster placement! I remember when you adopted him... how did that adorable baby grow up so fast?

and I agree... it'd be good to AT LEAST make sure it's a deeper seat, since it sounds like that was one issue for him.

Here is the info carseatblog got at ABC (not a lot) from peg... but I think knowing the height can help you kind of compare it to the turbo in terms of depth (I think it looks good for depth)
http://carseatblog.com/13395/abc-ex...go-primo-viaggio-sip-convertible-viaggio-hbb/

I wish they'd follow diono and clek in offering it sold just as a backless, too... SIGH.

we need more offerings for backless latchable boosters.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC