is the babies r us trade in event worth it?

rachelandtyke

I've got an old Graco seat in my garage that I got off the curb. It expired in 2007. Anyway, I've had the thought that I could save it until the next trade in event, except I don't need any seats or strollers (or any of the other stuff). And then I wondered, even if I did, was it a good deal in the end since there are so many places to get good deals these days?

I'm in the midst of a lot of cleaning of stuff out and would kind of love to just see it gone. There are no car seat recycling places in my area as far as I can tell, and I don't know that BRU would recycle it either if I took it in?

ADS

Kaitsmom

Usually the first couple of days its a decent sale but you have to hope things are in stock. Most of the time prices at other online retailers are cheaper

rachelandtyke

If there isn't a place in the state that recycles car seats, are they really shipping it off to be recycled or do they just trash them?

Kobain's Mommy

Do you have a BRU or TRU in your area? We only have a TRU with less seats than Walmart. The last 3 trade ins they let me order in store online and get the discount. This past one I got a MA70 for like $195 with tax. It was "on sale" on the website and got the discount off that price.

rachelandtyke

Do you have a BRU or TRU in your area? We only have a TRU with less seats than Walmart. The last 3 trade ins they let me order in store online and get the discount. This past one I got a MA70 for like $195 with tax. It was "on sale" on the website and got the discount off that price.

We have both. Good to know for the future it's not always limited to what is in store!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
They throw them away. It sounds nicer if you tell people things are being recycled :eek: (yeah, I work there, straight on pallets to the truck to the trash...). It's entirely possible some districts actually recycle, but I wouldn't bet on it for every store/district/region.
Anyway, if you don't have any *better* options, you can take it in and then stalk the baby gear aisles and give your coupon to some hapless shopper who doesn't have their own coupon....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC