What items are needed in a car for emergencies?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I still think it's cool that they could be little emergency triangles, too. DH thinks we should pitch a commercial to Doritos. You'd see this desolate, snowy landscape. As the camera pans over, you see these little Doritos in the snow leading to a car, where people are huddled around a can of burning Doritos while munching on some other ones.

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
With a super dramatic VoiceOver in the style of "I Shouldn't Be Alive" in which the people talk about how Doritos saved their lives!

:ROTFLMAO;

airysmom

We keep an MRE in each car as well as water, a blanket, some extra snacks, some extra clothes, diapers and wipes, umbrella. We should probably put a flashlight or lighters.

essnce629

I posted about it on here last year, but the two year old DD of someone I knew was killed last year when she was trapped in her carseat and their car caught on fire and no one could get her out (took a long time to get something to break the windows and after they did they didn't have anything to cut the straps of her carseat and the flames were too hot).

I now keep a LifeHammer and car fire extinguisher within reach. The Lifehammer is on the back of my console attached with industrial strength velcro where I and DS1 in the 2nd row can reach it. My fire extinguisher is in my glove box which I can reach as well.

I also keep a full size first aid kit, jumper cables, 2 fleece blankets, foil blankets, glow sticks, waterproof matches, and a flashlight with extra batteries. I also have a diaper bag in there with extra sets of clothes and underwear for both kids, a wash cloth, microfiber towel, plastic bag, baby wipes, hand sanitizer, etc. I think I have some snack bars in there too. I'm in Los Angeles so no need for snow/winter gear (besides an ice scraper). I used to have some bottles of water in there but I don't think I do right now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC