We need a "Missed Connections" thread, lol

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I saw 2! cool things the past couple days. First, leaving my work, there was a sedan with 2 Recaro convertibles (not ProSports I don't think, maybe Signos?). One RF, and FF ( and I NEVER see RF convertibles).

THEN, in my own neighborhood, and older model Sentra? With an actual ProSport in it! No clue where all these Recaro seats are coming from, lol

ADS

Brianna

I saw a mom put her daughter who appeared to be about 18 months and over 20 pounds RF in an Apt and that made me happy. I saw a lot of FF seats with the tether attached in the grocery store parking lot yesterday too :)

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

creideamh

At DD's school, I've seen a ProSport (parents leave seats in the lobby for whoever is picking the kid up) and an Orbit infant seat. They have a rule that all parents must use a car seat when picking up otherwise they won't release the kid so I keep trying to be nosy, but I don't think I've seen any RF past 1ish. There are quite a few around town, though... my best friend (taking her CPST class in August) and I keep talking to girls we went to school with, so there are a bunch of 1-2 y/os that RF here :love:
And I've run into so many random people (when picking up CL items, etc) that see DD's Radian and say, "I have that seat!" :p

PikkuMyy

I babysit a little one who is turning 2 next month. He's RF in both of their vehicles. :) I'm not sure what their other seat is (mom has tinted windows) but dad has a MyRide in his Accord.

My son had a preschool classmate who rode in a harnessed Nautilus. That was nice to see! He was super tall too and 5 years old!

I haven't seen any super exciting seats though. ;)

PikkuMyy

I saw a mom put her daughter who appeared to be about 18 months and over 20 pounds RF in an Apt and that made me happy. I saw a lot of FF seats with the tether attached in the grocery store parking lot yesterday too :)

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

Haha! I'm glad I'm not the only one peeking into people's cars in WNY. ;) I can't help it! I have to say that I have been seeing some improvement in car seat usage around here.

I always weave through the cars in the parking lot and look through to see the car seats ;) not in a creepy way, just look into the car from where I'm standing haha. I've seen a lot more RFing seats and Ffing seats with tethers lately :)

Thankfully, the people I nanny care very much about car seat safety!! They have their 2 year old RFing in a Recaro proride and their 4 1/2 year old (5 in November) is in a sk radian idk what kind though. I don't think it's an XTSL though.

PikkuMyy

I always weave through the cars in the parking lot and look through to see the car seats ;) not in a creepy way, just look into the car from where I'm standing haha. I've seen a lot more RFing seats and Ffing seats with tethers lately :)

That's what I do too. :p I just glance while I'm walking down the sidewalk or in a parking lot.

PikkuMyy said:
That's what I do too. :p I just glance while I'm walking down the sidewalk or in a parking lot.

Haha! I'm going to my niece's first communion today and the kids are all around 7-8ish years old. I doubt that a lot of them will be incur seats but it's worth a shot?! Haha. I know my niece is in a NBB and has a great fit with it so that makes me happy. My brother doesn't know shit about my car seat brain but I'm glad to see his daughter safe without me nagging him :p

robbertbobbert

Seriously! I've seen a couple of RF convertibles lately, which I hardly EVER see at all.

I seriously thought I saw the T's yesterday and got really excited, but one of the kids was a girl. They had a frontier, two radians and a KF in the van. And yes, I apparently have memorized the T's set up. I was just shocked because I had never seen a radian in a car in real life, much less two, so I didn't understand how it COULDN'T be somebody from here.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I saw a Radian and RF MA70, a RF ProRide, a ProSport, and a Cowmoo Parkway recently. :)

hrice

I ran into a lady with a rear facing THREE year old a few weeks ago. I approached her because her install was horrid. She had 2 RF seats in the back next to each other and the outboard one was almost completely sideways. I talked to her about it and gave her my card. To my surprise she called me the next day to meet up! I was über excited and it felt so good when she drove away with her kiddos safe!

Phineasmama

I saw a toddler RFing in a Spring RXT the other day! Kid was at least 2-3. I always wonder if it's someone on here when I see RF toddlers :)

lovemybabies924

I did a check a couple days ago for a 1.5 year old rf! That's amazing news for over in my area :)

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

T4K

You were loading your baby in his/her cow moo chaperone into your late model Sienna when I spotted the rear facing cowmoo BV and a cowmoo Frontier in the other Captians chair. I was the 28 year old female, in jeans and a pink shirt awkwardly staring into your vehicle. You didn't know at the time but I'm a car seat nerd, too. If you want to feel the spark I felt, meet me at the cafe by your pediatrician, this Saturday, at 10, with your carseats. You'll find me sitting next to an RA55. Can't wait.

lovemybabies924

Thirsty4Knowledge said:
You were loading your baby in his/her cow moo chaperone into your late model Sienna when I spotted the rear facing cowmoo BV and a cowmoo Frontier in the other Captians chair. I was the 28 year old female, in jeans and a pink shirt awkwardly staring into your vehicle. You didn't know at the time but I'm a car seat nerd, too. If you want to feel the spark I felt, meet me at the cafe by your pediatrician, this Saturday, at 10, with your carseats. You'll find me sitting next to an RA55. Can't wait.

Hehe

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Thirsty4Knowledge said:

Haha. Funny thing is, I have a pedi appointment for my son this Saturday at 10.. Oddly creepy.. And they have a cafe across the street...but I only have one son, no sienna, and no chaperone, BV or frontier in the minivan that I do have.. Sadness. Haha.

T4K

crazycarseatjess said:
Haha. Funny thing is, I have a pedi appointment for my son this Saturday at 10.. Oddly creepy.. And they have a cafe across the street...but I only have one son, no sienna, and no chaperone, BV or frontier in the minivan that I do have.. Sadness. Haha.

Aww...who knows...there could be a woman sitting with an RA55 in there....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC