Booster seat in Dodge Ram?

TyAndCheyMommy

My son has outgrown his Frontier 85, therefore we are going to have to use a booster seat until his special needs seat comes in (hurry up insurance :shakefist:).
My husbands 2002 Dodge Ram quad cab does not have any headrests. The back of the seat is about shoulder height of my son without any seat there. So not very tall.
Is it ok to use a booster there? I was hoping to use the Recaro Probooster, but now I am second guessing myself.
I have 2 radians installed in the other seats back there. They are ok without headrests too right?

ADS

Jessica61624

Can you use the fr85 in booster mode? If he's outgrown the harness he probably won't fit in any other hbb. And the prosport requires a head rest as per the engineer. Diono Monterey also requires a head rest.

TyAndCheyMommy

I can, I was just kind of hoping to pass it down to another child...
I also find that it becomes a tight squeeze in the truck in order to buckle the seat belt in.

firemomof3

My dh also has a dodge ram quad cab without headrests. I use the Parkway & Oobr both of which work ok. The seat belt doesn't retract in the Parkway because it gets caught in the belt guide :mad: But dd1 is aware of this so its not an issue since she can fix it if needed.

Kat_Momof3

what I'd probably do is use the frontier in booster mode there because it's the seat he's used to... you can pass it down when you get the special needs seat for him.

I'd also look into a less bulky option such as installing an 86-Y harness to use with the frontier

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC