Question I need help with the city mini chicco adapter

Jessica61624

What am I doing wrong? Is there a trick I'm missing?
Is it not suppose to click? This is what I got.
IMAG2514.jpg

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Will it help to move the bar farther out? I know the BJ adapters are like that. You have to play with the bar placement to get everything in alignment.

Jessica61624

crunchierthanthou said:
Will it help to move the bar farther out? I know the BJ adapters are like that. You have to play with the bar placement to get everything in alignment.

I can't move it because there are black screws that are all the way against the adapter bars.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I had the hardest time with that! There are little gray "buttons" kind of triangular shaped on the side of the KF. Those lock under the line on the inside of the adapter. I wish I still had mine to take pics of to show you...
It goes on differently than first instinct. My friend and I both struggled with it for the longest time! I know I found a review that was really helpful, I'll try to find it. I believe it was on the BRU page.

ETA: It doesn't look like BRU carries it anymore so I can't find the review. It won't click on like you think though. I wish I could explain it better. I kept feeling like the U shape on the adapters should be wear it rested, but the way you have it looks right and it will be secure if the gray tabs are locked under.

Jessica61624

CrunchyMaineMama said:
I had the hardest time with that! There are little gray "buttons" kind of triangular shaped on the side of the KF. Those lock under the line on the inside of the adapter. I wish I still had mine to take pics of to show you...
It goes on differently than first instinct. My friend and I both struggled with it for the longest time! I know I found a review that was really helpful, I'll try to find it. I believe it was on the BRU page.

Were you able to use the canopy with it?

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Were you able to use the canopy with it?

Yes, I just found a pic of mine on it so you can see the angle it is put on.
Just note this isn't a normal configuration of the seats. Proud big sister insisted she had to be able to see baby brother on the walk and did not care that her legs were squished this way!
DSC07713.jpg

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I really didn't like the adapter for it. I used it a few times and hated how high up the seat sat. I ended up returning it. I just wore DS until he was big enough to sit in the regular CS seat. I know it's not recommended to put them in it when they are young, but I really didn't see it as being different from being in his car seat. He was rarely in it since I wore him the majority of the time.
He is 6.5 weeks in these pictures and as you can see was just fine.
DSC07877.jpg

DSC07876.jpg

ETA: Oops, just realized yours is the City Mini, not the City Select. You can tell I've been up with sick, coughing kids the last two nights. I imagine it would be the same kind of fit though with the seat reclined.

jsmom

All of the reviews and even the videos about that adapter said it was a horrible fit. I didnt bother getting the adapter for that reason... didnt want to waste my money.

Jessica61624

CrunchyMaineMama said:
I really didn't like the adapter for it. I used it a few times and hated how high up the seat sat. I ended up returning it. I just wore DS until he was big enough to sit in the regular CS seat. I know it's not recommended to put them in it when they are young, but I really didn't see it as being different from being in his car seat. He was rarely in it since I wore him the majority of the time.
He is 6.5 weeks in these pictures and as you can see was just fine.

ETA: Oops, just realized yours is the City Mini, not the City Select. You can tell I've been up with sick, coughing kids the last two nights. I imagine it would be the same kind of fit though with the seat reclined.

He is so cute!! I still think the adapter just sucks overall. I guess I'll be selling it.

njkj

I noticed the same thing with mine. I wonder if you put the bar at the feet though first and then the head ar so that the screw is on the opposite side. Maybe that will bring the seat back enough to click in?? I was just going to use it as is though I only paid $25 of mine of CL. If I paid the full $90 I'd be pissed. Have you called BJ?

Jessica61624

njkj said:
I noticed the same thing with mine. I wonder if you put the bar at the feet though first and then the head ar so that the screw is on the opposite side. Maybe that will bring the seat back enough to click in?? I was just going to use it as is though I only paid $25 of mine of CL. If I paid the full $90 I'd be pissed. Have you called BJ?

I tried that and it doesn't go back far enough to get the screw in. I only paid $30 on eBay so I'm not too upset. I probably would have went with the b agile if I had known tho.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC