Graco Size 4 Me 70 on Kids & Cribs FB page

ADS

Phineasmama

Very interesting! I hope I don't get crucified for saying this but the shape almost makes me think of a cheap version of the Foonf lol!

I wonder how far it can be used RFing- with the head rest up??

Spam

I wonder if Brus will be carrying it? Can't wait to check it out and for someone here to order one.

msg221

I hope it isn't real heavy. I'd love to have a convertible for Chase that would be easy to move in and out of the car. For example, right now I have the FR85 and the Argos installed because my most frequent riders are Nour and Zain. However, on Monday, I am picking Ethan and Chase up from daycare and they are spending two days with us, so now I need to take the Argos out and put one of the convertibles in for Chase. I loathe moving the RXT beast in and out, plus I have to move the harness down again. I do have the TFP, but it's kind of big too. I can't wait to see this one "in person." If it is as easy to install as the MR and Argos (especially since I think it has the nicer LATCH connectors), I just might want this!

katymyers

It looks really nice! And narrower than their other seats, I just might get that seat to work in my husband's car :)

agave

I'd trade in one of my Radians for that if it's more upright than the Myride FF I need that cup holder

If you look at most of the pictures, it looks almost like a MA. The headrest says 8 positions, so I'm wondering if you can use it RFing with head above shell, but in headrest? That would be good for tall kids if so. Looks like a nice seat.

Kat_Momof3

Very interesting! I hope I don't get crucified for saying this but the shape almost makes me think of a cheap version of the Foonf lol!

I wonder how far it can be used RFing- with the head rest up??

lol... but I think that's one of the GOOD things about it... if it goes as tall as the foonf... because one of the big pluses for the foonf in my eyes is how the base and other design features make it be one of those seats that LOOKS like it should take up a lot more room than it DOES. AND it's narrow...

so if this seat can go as tall (or close to as tall) as the foonf and be like it with the narrow thing and taking up less space, then great! because not many can afford the foonf price.

Now what might get one of us crucified (not on here, but maybe by graco) is that I think this looks like (except the base can't be switched out, I assume) the smart seat SHOULD have been... forget trying to make it an all in one seat (not that they didn't do a decent job, but to also make it switch bases, something had to go to make it lighter and more user friendly and do one job really really well instead of doing all 3 jobs okay)

And again, if it's like the foonf in all the ways I hope, then I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see rigid latch (and clek, if you are listening, we also want a set for rearfacing!) because city parents in cabs (well, the ones that have latch) or hired cars (more the hired cars... I can see beyonce springing for the foonf down the line) could so benefit from the ease of it.

BabyKaykes

Now what might get one of us crucified (not on here, but maybe by graco) is that I think this looks like (except the base can't be switched out, I assume) the smart seat SHOULD have been... forget trying to make it an all in one seat (not that they didn't do a decent job, but to also make it switch bases, something had to go to make it lighter and more user friendly and do one job really really well instead of doing all 3 jobs okay

Good point. I really really REALLY like the SmartSeat. The concept of a convertible with a base (that doesn't come at Orbit prices) is genius. But it didn't really NEED to become a booster and it was way huge... I have zero hopes of this seat fitting a newborn though. Graco is better at taller slots than shorter.

But overall it looks like a contender! Um...bring on the colors Graco!

Phineasmama

I just assumed it would be 40 as well. I feel like we would have heard something about it if Graco were coming out with a 45 lb seat.

msg221

Going by the approximate width measurement, it's an inch narrower than the TFP, but it doesn't have sides that stick out like the TFP, so I really hope it will work better for a 3 across so maybe I could leave it in all the time instead of playing musical seats. I also like the lower profile. It doesn't sit up too high.

Phineasmama

I like the look of it, I really do! But I'm a little bit confused WHY they made this seat. I feel like they don't need 3 convertibles, and that this and the MyRide are kind of similar. Or is this going to replace the Smart Seat?

msg221

Doesn't this have a no re-thread harness? That right there makes me like it better than the MR. And as I mentioned before, it has a lower profile, two crotch buckle positions and maybe it will not be so reclined when FF. I hope BRU will be carrying it so I can play with it and maybe try it in my car!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC