My almost 3yo RF in the Avenue and a few others

hrice

Peyton is 37" tall and 31.5 pounds dressed. He has a tiny 12" torso. (I thought it was longer but re-measured and he is right at 12). He still has a good bit of room to grow RF and it could take him a good while to gain those 3.5 pounds. He's a slow gainer and very active.

Anyway I just wanted to share for others with short torsoed kids. :)
First pic is in a Marathon 70 (that was taken a few months ago but he has pretty much the same amount of growing room now)then a True Fit and last is in the Avenue.

image-4035746982.jpg

Attachments

• image-1353603834.jpg
    image-1353603834.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 55
  • image-1662507309.jpg
    image-1662507309.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 68
ADS

christineka

Is your siggy right and he's 2 years, 10 months? That's how old my baby is:) She's shorter:) Her head is below the line on the true fit.

Attachments

• TFAmy25Apr2012sleep1.JPG
    TFAmy25Apr2012sleep1.JPG
    362.8 KB · Views: 69

hrice

christineka said:
Is your siggy right and he's 2 years, 10 months? That's how old my baby is:) She's shorter:) Her head is below the line on the true fit.

Yep. He will be 3 on June 15th. :)

newyorkDOC

I assume you know the Avenue is technically outgrown for RF at 36" height? I choose to continue RF DD in it regardless as she's only up to the piping on the cover but we also only use the seat for a max of 4 weeks per year while visiting my parents. I'll probably buy her a new seat in December but she'll be 2 weeks shy of 4.

hrice

I assume you know the Avenue is technically outgrown for RF at 36" height? I choose to continue RF DD in it regardless as she's only up to the piping on the cover but we also only use the seat for a max of 4 weeks per year while visiting my parents. I'll probably buy her a new seat in December but she'll be 2 weeks shy of 4.

Yep. I know. ;)

honeydew

Nice, he's got just a little less growing room than Madi! Are you excited?

And is your friend taking the OnBoard?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

hrice

Nice, he's got just a little less growing room than Madi! Are you excited?

And is your friend taking the OnBoard?

I haven't heard a definate yes from her but I'll take it anyway. If she doesn't want it I have another pg friend who can use it. :)

I will likely have my kids with me Monday so we may not be doing much shopping.

honeydew

Ok. I don't have to work in the morning so I can leave anytime. What time do you want to meet?

hrice

Ok. I don't have to work in the morning so I can leave anytime. What time do you want to meet?

Hmmm...I forget how far San Marcos is lol. I think it's about 45 minutes. Do you know what time the mall opens? 11?

BabyKaykes

That piping that separates the print from the solid...that's where the top of DSs head was at 5yo. It really needs a higher RF weight limit!

hrice

cookie123 said:
The Avenue isn't being made anymore right? It is too bad. It was a great seat for the price.

I don't think so. Albeebaby.com has them for $49 shipped. Now is the time to scoop one up! I've been toying with getting a second just because they are so cheap and I really love the seat.

kater-tot82

Do you think the Avenue is a better seat to get than a Scenera? It is taller with higher slots right? I need a lighter weight seat for DD2 to use when we fly to Florida later on this year...how do you think it would work as a travel seat or on a plane?

hrice

kater-tot82 said:
Do you think the Avenue is a better seat to get than a Scenera? It is taller with higher slots right? I need a lighter weight seat for DD2 to use when we fly to Florida later on this year...how do you think it would work as a travel seat or on a plane?

It is taller and I would choose it over a Scenera. It has nice low profile sides so its easy to load your kiddo in and out of and it has EPP foam. It is very lightweight so it would make a great travel seat. Its nice and narrow too. It also comes with strap covers. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC