Top sider keep or return...

EmmaGrace'sMom

Since it was $9 I grabbed one as an emergency booster. DD is turning 6 but is still harnessed she has done booster training rides. We have a Monterey and Big Kid for boosters. The Big Kid lives at the sitters house in case something happens and she needs the neighbor to pick up DD from school.

The lap belt fit was good, but the shoulder belt was not. Do I keep it and she'll grow into it or will it take forever for her to gain torso? Her growth in the last year has been primarily legs.

cbf7d61d.jpg

ADS

PikkuMyy

If I recall correctly, the top sider has different shoulder belt routing than most boosters. The shoulder belt goes OVER the arm rest while the lap belt goes under on the side where it gets buckled. I think there's a picture on the side of the booster itself? That may or may not give you a different fit. I can't see it changing the fit much though. :\

christineka

Yes, the shoulder belt doesn't go under the arm rest, which will result in even worse fit. I find the seat is okay if you have a vehicle shoulderbelt adjuster and/or a tall torsoed kid. I'd not keep it.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
For the reason mentioned, I'd take it back. The topside routes the shoulder belt OVER the armrest, which not only results on bad fit in many cases, but, IMHO, is *terribly confusing* for the child, and for the "average" parent/grandparent/caretaker to remember. I HATE that this booster is out there, and basically looks JUST like the major players, and yet has a completely different belt routing. IMO, it is going to cause TONS of misuse, and just isn't worth it. I tell everyone to steer clear of it, for that reason. I just can't recommend it.

Brycen'sMommy

For the reason mentioned, I'd take it back. The topside routes the shoulder belt OVER the armrest, which not only results on bad fit in many cases, but, IMHO, is *terribly confusing* for the child, and for the "average" parent/grandparent/caretaker to remember. I HATE that this booster is out there, and basically looks JUST like the major players, and yet has a completely different belt routing. IMO, it is going to cause TONS of misuse, and just isn't worth it. I tell everyone to steer clear of it, for that reason. I just can't recommend it.

:yeahthatsad:

I am extremely disappointed with ours. The shoulder belt is a terrible fit even on my very long torsoed kiddo and it is very confusing for him to buckle because it is completely opposite of what he's been taught. I wish I wouldn't have thrown the packaging away so I could return it. :rolleyes:

Kat_Momof3

horrible shoulder fit... if only it came with a guide like backless turbos and evenflo big kid/amp backless boosters do.

I would put it up for a couple years or return it.

the shoulderbelt should be routed OVER the armrest, btw.

I think this is better for older booster riders.

babyherder

I thought the seatbelt was supposed to fit snugly against the body? How is an armrest between the kid and belt a safe idea? I know it passed testing but it seems strange.

EmmaGrace'sMom

Back it goes then! If it were routed correctly the fit would be worse and take longer to be correct.

The harmony seems to be a similar shape, is the belt fit the same?

christineka

I thought the seatbelt was supposed to fit snugly against the body? How is an armrest between the kid and belt a safe idea? I know it passed testing but it seems strange.

This isn't the first booster with that routing. The britax bodyguard had the shoulderbelt above as well. The bodyguard was high back only and had beautiful belt fit for kids of all sizes, though.

The harmony seems to be a similar shape, is the belt fit the same?

The harmony seems to universally give great belt fit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC