Looking for recommendation for car

chickenman

I had a customer come in today, and she is pregnant with her third child, and they went car shopping, they talked the mercades dealership into swinging the gl450 suv by. This is there dilemia, they have daughter 3.5 and forward facing in a britax wizard i believe, had another daughter 2 who was in a wizard as well, but she was tall and skinny and talked the mom into rear facing her, and the infant , would be in a peg perego primo viaggio, but were looking at a new one. We tried all three across with the wizard, a radian 65 from the store(rear facing center) , and the peg base and it was too tight. Then we tried the wizard in third row, and the radian 65 in the center again, but this time peg on the driver outboard. didnt work when folding the seat for the child in the third row, hit the radian. My suggestion would have been two new radian 65 across and the peg, is the only thing we did not try and im pretty sure it would have fit. Any other high end vechiles for this family, or seating arrangments. I think the dad had the right idea of two captains chairs and a third row center. mom does not want a van. But for my its hard to think of the mom squeezing in the middle to tight the older one then the rear facing two year old then walk around again and do the infant. Doesnt seem very practical, so is it possible to do three across?

+sorry for the long description

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
We looked at the GL during our last car shopping expedition in December. While I loved the car (my husband wanted me to get the GL badly) it just didn't do that well with carseats. I also have three children and it was hard to find a workable three across situation or one that would allow my oldest to use the third row easily. We ended up going with the Acura MDX and while it isn't "high end" it is a great vehicle and we LOVE it:love:. I can fit any combination of three across even with a Regent and big Britax convertibles. It has three individual sets of LATCH that can all be used at once so sometimes you have to play with using one install with LATCH and two with the seatbelt or vise versa. I can also slide the outboard seat forward to allow access to the third row even with two BV's in the middle row. I change my set-up frequently and have never ran into any installation problems or a three across situation that would work. Another option is to have the child who sits in the third row get in thru the rear tailgate, we do this when we are using both outboard positions in the MDX. HTH!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC