How is the head slump in the radian?

momtotwogirls

We are leaving for a road trip tomorrow and while I want to use the TFP my oldest requested to be in the middle so I was thinking of using the radian. The problem we have with my youngest is her legs are pretty long so on long trips her bum starts to hurt so I normally turn her forward. Anyway I really like the TFP forward but again it doesnt fit next to the Frontier in our car so I was wondering how bad is the head slump in a ff radian?

She will be rf until/unless she complains of her bum.

ADS

momtotwogirls

I was afraid of that. its not too long tomorrow we are driving 6 hours to Vegas then Sunday we will drive about 4 hours to Cali.

Last time i installed her TFP really upright and about Beaver she complained her bum was hurting and was crying so we stopped and her bum was almost purple so I turned her forward. Im hoping she will be ok this time since her TFP is a little more reclined. But she has a decent amount of leg room in the radian too.

I think Im going to use the TFP jsut in case.

christineka

What headslump?

KpinkradianMar2012.jpg

My ffing kiddos have more issues with the ffing tf because it's so wide it has no head support and they end up just not sleeping or nodding off for only a minute.

momtotwogirls

What headslump?

My ffing kiddos have more issues with the ffing tf because it's so wide it has no head support and they end up just not sleeping or nodding off for only a minute.

I have an 80 so no wings. My kids tend to stuff their blaket next to their head if there isnt anything to rest it on so the wideness isnt really to big of a problem.

Cryssy Jane

Matthew has terrible headslump in the rxt. Stats in my siggy. Picture was from our drive home from Vancouver bc so about a 4 hour drive. He did better without his sweater and recline as much as possible but still slumped.

Yes the cups are different. One was water and one was milk. :).

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

momtotwogirls

The couple of times I've used a FFing Radian, kiddos had extreme head slump. This was with toddlers (3yo and 2.5yo).

Yeah she is jsut 3 so i think the TFP is going to be it.
Im going to go see if i can get it a little more reclined to help with the pressure on her bum but I have a pretty small car so we will see lol

The pic in my siggy is how it is now.

Cryssy Jane

I wonder if the wings push kids' heads forward. I've owned radians for 5 years and never had head slump. I've never owned the winged version.

I'm honestly in agreement. He still slumps a little in the 80s but not as bad as in the rxt. We haven't taken a roadtrip yet in that though so I don't know how he sleeps in it. I know he gets terrible headslump in the nauti as well.

momtotwogirls

Addilynn wants her pink flower seat so thats what we are going to go with. Im hoping that she will stay rf for the whole trip.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC