Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Car seat dilemma

I am looking for a combination booster seat for DS. He is 2.5 years old and is 37 pounds. The convertable seat is only good to 40 pounds, but the shoulder slots are getting quite close to being below his shoulders.

I live in Canada and am looking at the Graco ultra cargo, as it can be harnessed to 48 pounds. My only concern is the belt positioners when used as a booster seat. I know the don't let the seat belt retract properly, but how important is it? Our van has locking seatbelts in the back...will that be ok? He is not 'old' enough to be in a regular booster seat.

Any advice or wisdom?

thanks

chelsea

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar
    If it were me, I'd probably go with the Ultra CarGo for now, then reevaluate my options when my child approached 48 lb.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!