Question What would you do if...

EmmasMom

You were picking up your child from elementary school and you saw a mother putting 6 small kids in her 4 door 5 seat sedan? (2 in front 4 in back)

ADS

T4K

Nothing. I'm a teacher at a PS-8 school. You wouldn't believe what I see everyday.

T4K

Yup and dropped off that way...

We aren't cops and can't write tickets.

We are also mandatory reporters. I've talked with my principal about this and she doesnt feel like its mandates a report. I couldn't even tell you most the names of the littles that are improperly retrained. I teach the big kids and they are at least ok in a seatbelt (most of them).

ETA: if I was a parent, I may casually mention something. But as a teacher I'd be camped out all night trying talk to people. The way our carpool line is set up, we don't put kids into vehicles. They find their parents' vehicles and get in.

Now, I'm lucky I teach science so we talk a lot about crash physics and how safety restraints work. So I know my kiddos have enough knowledge to make informed decisions about their own safety.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
It's illegal here, and if it were a rampant problem I'd probably talk with a police officer about setting up camp outside the school during pick-up time.

Phineasmama

Nothing :( I've seen a lot of things since my kids started preschool and especially now that DD1 goes to pre-k at the local elementary school :(

PunkyMonkey

I'd be livid and call police but I'd be ever more livid if someone was driving my kids around that way. I'm sure most *good* parents know the transportation situation their kids are in but some just don't care as long as they got a ride... The whole ya gotta do what ya gotta do mentality. Ugh... Makes me sick but nothing we can do. My kid will never be one of those unsafe in the car pool line I don't care how uncool I have to be!

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse autocorrects!

mominabigtruck

I'd be thrilled to see something like that at my school. It's not unusual to see 4 or 5 kids packed in the back with two adults up front with one of them holding a baby and a toddler sitting on the console.

Yeah, my kids' school is in a bad area and cs usage is nonexistent. People there think carseats are for someplace to plop the baby so you don't have to hold them and prop up their kool aid filled bottle.
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC