Your thoughts on this carseat safety article...

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I saw it when someone shared it on FB and started to read it but it's just SO long, I don't really see the average parent reading the entire thing but I kinda have internet ADD and tend to instantly tl;dr things.

What I scanned seemed pretty good though, albeit a little snarky.

SynEpona

It is long! And this quote made me laugh,it's part of point#2, which is 2nd from the end of the 20 errors ...

I found the shortest, straight to the point videos I can find so as not to lose your interest. Here is a forward vs rear facing

Bolding mine. Anyone who did read all the way to that point probably had time to watch long videos :)

julia94115

Thanks for your thoughts!
I was thinking of forwarding it to my mom's group (8000+ moms) but then had second thoughts due to some of your comments above. I feel like I am constantly saying the same things to them and always directing people here for more info but I know many of them don't take the time to research further than their initial question.

dneul

I just read the whole thing in about 6 minutes. Well written and explained each mistake thoroughly. Went over rear facing, extended harnessing, boostering to soon, used seats, expired seats, common mistakes. I might use it for teaching at birthright.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Someone on another board I know posted it on her FB and got several positive comments from her mom friends, so it might actually appeal to regular (non carseat geek!) people. Having it broken down into #'s probably makes it easy to skim and skip the stuff you actually DO know, kwim?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC