GRRR. I'm mad at myself. EFTA DLX

cookie123

I finally got the EFTA DLX. I thought it had premium latch connectors. I'm so mad that it does not. I just finished looking at their website and it doesn't say anything about it. I don't know how I got that idea.

There's a dlx picture sticker on the box, so it looks like the right seat. And the latch strap is permanently attached so it couldn't have been switched out. Also, there is no packing materials in the box at all. That seems weird. The box is in good shape and the registration card was all that was attached.

Any thoughts? It's so hard to get regular latch disconnected in my car. I really had wanted Sure Latch, but thought I was settling for premium latch. Does anyone have premium latch on their EFTA?

Last edited:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Where'd you buy it from? Sounds normal for when you open the box, just the reg. card and infant padding and cupholder are just sitting there in the seat. It can't be too hard to change out LATCH straps, since my floor model is missing it :rolleyes:, but I doubt Evenflo would send you one.

VoodooChile

We have an ETA for my mom's car (my ds and niece share it), not sure what model it is since we bought it several years ago, but it is HARD to get those LATCH straps undone once the seat's installed (for me, anyway)! It's like the belt's an inch shorter than I'd like. Twice now I've fought with it and reinstalled the seat with the seat belt, and someone's then reinstalled it with LATCH :rolleyes:.

cookie123

We have an ETA for my mom's car (my ds and niece share it), not sure what model it is since we bought it several years ago, but it is HARD to get those LATCH straps undone once the seat's installed (for me, anyway)! It's like the belt's an inch shorter than I'd like. Twice now I've fought with it and reinstalled the seat with the seat belt, and someone's then reinstalled it with LATCH :rolleyes:.

Lol! No one would ever install a car seat around here. Yes, it is hard to get cheaper latch undone, isn't it?

Jools, I bought it at Walmart.com. It seems like they at least come in a plastic bag or something. But if that sounds right, it probably is. It looks fine and the box was almost pristine, except a little hole. I'm not really concerned about that.

Well, I'm going to see if Matthew will fit in the seat and then decide what to do about it. Maybe it someone could give me numbers, I would order the other latch strap. I'd rather not do a return unless he doesn't fit in the seat.

mominabigtruck

I think I was the one that told you it did. I just sold mine to my neighbor but I swear it had alligator latch clip. I distinctly remember because I put it in my mom's van and my sister has an efta too and I thought how much nicer it was than her seat.
Posted via Mobile Device

cookie123

Well it's almost too small heightwise anyway. At first I thought there was about an inch but Second time in they were below his shoulders. Too bad because he can see out and he loves the seat. That's probably why. Well I'll play with it a bit and see if I can make it go higher.

cookie123

image-273094743.jpg

Here he is. The harness doesn't really go up any higher. Darn! Any suggestions for alternatives? Has to be up high with taller top slots. Recaro?

cookie123

No. The consensus seemed to be the harness was lower. Or that was what the data base indicated. I did almost buy one at Baby Depot though.

featherhead

Here he is. The harness doesn't really go up any higher. Darn! Any suggestions for alternatives? Has to be up high with taller top slots. Recaro?

Did you loosen the harness before trying to make it go higher? If it doesn't, then I'd probably try a Recaro (ProRide?). I *think* the harness is higher, but I'm not very familiar with Recaro seats since we don't have them in Canada :)

cookie123

Yes, I had it lengthened as far as it would go.

I looked at the database. There's no measurements there for the ProRide so if anyone has one, you should get them in there please!

mominabigtruck

No. The consensus seemed to be the harness was lower. Or that was what the data base indicated. I did almost buy one at Baby Depot though.

I had both at the same time, used by the same child and that was not my experience at all. Ds3 had way more room in the momentum than the efta, like a couple inches.
Posted via Mobile Device

mominabigtruck

Ok, here we go. The momentum pic is a couple months old but he has not had hardly any torso growth since then. Both pics are in the same vehicle, same kid.

In the momentum he has way more hair fluff than in the efta and there's maybe 1 1/2 inches above him in the efta compared to closer to 4ish on the momentum.

Attachments

• momentum.jpg
    momentum.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 33
  • efta.jpg
    efta.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 29

featherhead

Ok, here we go. The momentum pic is a couple months old but he has not had hardly any torso growth since then. Both pics are in the same vehicle, same kid.

In the momentum he has way more hair fluff than in the efta and there's maybe 1 1/2 inches above him in the efta compared to closer to 4ish on the momentum.

She's looking for harness height though, not shell height. Her grandson is forward-facing. The Momentum has a taller shell, but a shorter top harness position.

mominabigtruck

She's looking for harness height though, not shell height. Her grandson is forward-facing. The Momentum has a taller shell, but a shorter top harness position.

No, he's right at the top of the efta and has at least 2 inches in the momentum.

If you see the seats sbs you can see that the momentum has a curved seat back that adds some extra harness height.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kat_Momof3

evenflo, graco (for the most part, but not always), and dorel don't pack their seats in anything but the box... as long as all the registration and other tags/cards are attached, it's just as it should be upon arrival.

As for whether it should or should not have the premium connectors, I'll have to look that up.

ETA - okay, I checked evenflo's website and see no mention of premium connectors on the dlx model (can't tell by the rotating thing as it is the same for each variety of that seat)

Last edited:

featherhead

No, he's right at the top of the efta and has at least 2 inches in the momentum.

If you see the seats sbs you can see that the momentum has a curved seat back that adds some extra harness height.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've owned both, just not at the same time. It didn't seem to me like the harness on the Momentum was higher, but I guess I never had them side by side to compare.

Dorothy

I think its just another example of different seats fitting different children differently in different vehicles. (Sorry for the "different" overload!) When we tried it, DD was almost out of the Momentum by harness height, but she had about an inch left in the EFT65. The Momentum might be worth a try...

Sent from my phone using the app :)

cookie123

Thanks. Yes, it's about the harness height.

I did actually try him in there rf and it looked like he still had an inch. Sadly the knobs were digging into the seatback, so I tried it the middle. There's a little hump and the way the seats are contoured it would have been perfect for the knobs, but I couldn't get it in there tight.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC