News I saw the foonf!

suzling

Tracy from clek was here in Vegas for a trade show, and was doing a foonf demo at a local baby boutique (lovebug baby). She offered to let us see what it looked like in the back seat of my 2008 Corolla. Standard disclaimer of it being a prototype and not a production model applies. We also didn't install it as we would have needed to uninstall my center installed Radian. Even uninstalled it looks pretty good (at least to my untrained eye).

ForumRunner_20120425_182237.png

I was hoping seeing it in person would make me want one less, as that's a pretty steep price tag. Like others before me, seeing the seat had the opposite effect. For me and my husband.

Last edited:
ADS

suzling

creideamh said:
It looks massive in there :p

It's a little big, yes.

To me it didn't seem much bigger than the Radian, and it seems about the same size as the Peg convertible in my husband's 08 Cobalt. And having ridden in the backseat of both cars, I can say the backseat of my Corolla is quite a bit bigger than the backseat of the Cobalt.

I wish Tracy would have been more on board with the idea of uninstalling the Radian and installing the foonf in it's place. But, beggars can't be choosers, and I was squeeing like a fan girl because the seat was set in my car! Well, squeeing like a fangirl on the inside anyway.

luckyclov

I'm meeting Foonf on May 7th.:cool:

I'm heartbroken because it's just so darn high, which is the whole reason I got rid of the MA70 and moved DS2 to an RXT.:(

cookie123

It looks pretty.:eek: I like that color the best. How are the harness slots? If the EFTA doesn't work out, maybe I'll just wait for that. It does look a bit high. It seems like it could be a LITTLE lower. Maybe the real one will be?

PunkyMonkey

I wish I could see this next to my Recaro ProRide RF in my car... if its taller than the PR I just don't know how I could handle it and I have a bigger SUV. It looks HUGE in the Corolla but the ProRide looked HUGE in my Acura TL so maybe the Foonf is taller! I got the Blvd because it was a little shorter than the PR and it's not a blind spot to me!

djma

I guess this is when being poor has a good side. There is no way I could swing buying a seat with that price tag -- even with a tech discount. I am excited about seeing it though in a few weeks. :D

My proride looks like any other seat in the back of my impala, but I am curious to see what the foonf looks like (that's given they allow me to install it).

suzling

Little Ps Mama said:
:yeahthatsad: It looks like a beast in comparison to my RF RXT.

If you look closely at the first picture, you can see my RF XTSL (ETA with an angle adjuster under it) that's right next to it. It wasn't until I saw that in the picture after uploading it here that I realized I should have taken a picture from the other side of the car so that we could have a good shot with the Radian for scale. ><

BTW, you can see my hubby fitting comfortably in the driver's seat in picture #2, and he's 6'3"

suzling

cookie123 said:
It looks pretty.:eek: I like that color the best. How are the harness slots? If the EFTA doesn't work out, maybe I'll just wait for that. It does look a bit high. It seems like it could be a LITTLE lower. Maybe the real one will be?

On their website they give 17.5" as the top harness height and a max seated height of 26.5". They also have listed a max overall height for rearfacing of 46".

Hope this helps!

SignCuer

It's supposed to roll around to MD in 2 weeks :D

I will have a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old who is still RFing in my van... it would be awesome to see the comparison of how much room left!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC